A request to the Mods \ Admin. Something I'm curious to know \ learn.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Would it be possible to get a break down of the Ol' trusty Ethernet Cable. I mean can we have mabie one of the Mods make a post on cable hacks, upgrades, or downgrades. How to make you own Cables and even how to hack a Ethernet cable to USB.

I curious if we can get a tutorial on all the wounder full stuff you can do with the Cat 5 and RJ45 Ethernet cable. I could go too YouTube but quite frankly I don't want to. I want to come hear and learn something on the likes of this.

Cat5 is fun to hack, there is so many things you can do with it.

My question is this.

What type of hacks are you referring to? I could tell you how to creat a quad braid in order to run three dsl lines and one phone off of the same cat5e cable. but honestly what good would that do some one form home?
Are you wondering how to creat a USB cat 5e cord?
Make a cat5e cord display video ?
There are many things you can do with cat5e cable.
I would be willing to help if I knew which things interest you ?

I will work on it in the upcomming week.

What format to use for displaying pictures on these forums. I am still kinda new here?

Use a pic host and post a direct link to the pic. Should show up here as the pic itself.

I use it to connect my amp and speakers :p not sure it's tutorial-worthy though lol

And yep, use imgur/tinypic/etc to host pics then just enclose the link in

Cat5 is fun to hack, there is so many things you can do with it.

My question is this.

What type of hacks are you referring to? I could tell you how to creat a quad braid in order to run three dsl lines and one phone off of the same cat5e cable. but honestly what good would that do some one form home?
Are you wondering how to creat a USB cat 5e cord?
Make a cat5e cord display video ?
There are many things you can do with cat5e cable.
I would be willing to help if I knew which things interest you ?

^ Very cool.

Car audio is a good use of Cat5e, if you are working with low amp's if would be fine and enable you to cover more area for cheeper. I have never thought of using it. but I am not sure the max threshold of cat5e. I would be kinda ify about running to many watts through a cat5e and having the wires melt or even cause a fire in my car.

If I may be so bold as to suggest to the powers that be to have a Projects forum where members could do projects of an electronics or computer nature and show them off. Not case mods per say, but more of projects that augment things like what I'm doing to my vid card.

Back
Top Bottom