*Read please* anti-static bag

Revan_onarsi

Solid State Member
HI GUYS (first time poster :p)

I have recently bought a motherboard and as I was taking out the motherboard I got a little shock on the outside of the bag while it was still packaged. Is there a chance the board could be affected even if it was still packaged?

The board should be fine IF and only IF it was protected. Like you say the Shock happened on the outside of the protective packaging as the thick plastic bag would protect. If you want to be sure, you can test the board manually or use something like a MoBo tester. You can get them for very little but if your making a new build then best bet would be install the minimal amount pf parts and boot strap the board to POST and that should tell. If it boots, your fine, if not; then its bon voyage.

The board should be fine IF and only IF it was protected. Like you say the Shock happened on the outside of the protective packaging as the thick plastic bag would protect. If you want to be sure, you can test the board manually or use something like a MoBo tester. You can get them for very little but if your making a new build then best bet would be install the minimal amount pf parts and boot strap the board to POST and that should tell. If it boots, your fine, if not; then its bon voyage.

Okay thats good to know yeah it was still packed so I guess I was lucky thank you I got a little paranoid I just needed confirmation TY: )

Sounds like the anti-static bag did it's job if the board was inside the antistatic bag.

Just don't place the board on the outside of the anti-static bag thinking that'll protect it - that's a sure-fire way to fry it. Just place it on a piece of cardboard until it's installed or if you need to set it down.

Back
Top Bottom