Serious hardware issue can't figure out what/why!?

My money would be on the motherboard rather than the PSU to be honest. The 660 isn't a power hungry beast at all, and your single 12v rail should handle it with ease. Though I guess if it's partially damaged and outputting a dirty voltage (i.e. fluctuating or inconsistent power out) then it *could* cause some issues? Again my money would be on the mobo before I suspected the psu

What I meant re the power cables is take your OLD pc, unplug the 6-pin power cord that goes into the graphics card, and try to plug that into the 660 in the NEW pc. Usually you have to put the cases right next to each other to get it to reach, be creative haha

Yes, all bios and chipset drivers are up to date. I guess I can give that a try.. I'm assuming both pc's would have to be on for old one to power the new one? I'm still really confused about this one.

Also I don't know if I added here, but I did try a differn't PCI-E slot (Because I thought this computer can take two cards.) and when I switched to the second PCI-E slot, it was MUCH worse. The crashing was even at desktop. I'm guessing I should mention that again.

Edit : Well its up and working, playing a game now...
zZiWc0V.jpg

Last edited:
So.. It took longer, but it crashed using the old computers PSU I'm guessing that means it cant be the PSU? .. and im going to have to cancel that RMA?

It'll still get some power through the PCIe bus, but yeah at this point I'd be RMAing the motherboard over the PSU. Is it an option to RMA both parts?

Strange that the 550 doesn't cause the new PC to crash at all though o_O tried the 550 in the PCIe slot that you reckon is even worse at crashing?

It'll still get some power through the PCIe bus, but yeah at this point I'd be RMAing the motherboard over the PSU. Is it an option to RMA both parts?

Strange that the 550 doesn't cause the new PC to crash at all though o_O tried the 550 in the PCIe slot that you reckon is even worse at crashing?

No I haven't put the 550 in the lower one. I don't even know if that PCI-E slot is suppose to be for video cards, but i mean it fits and looks like the same slot.

I am so depressed right now im legit in tears over this. because I am so confused, have no money to fix this if I can't rma stuff i am ..just so god damn stressed and doesn't help I have to RMA the stuff by tomorrow

See if you can get it to crash with the 550 in the worse slot (I'd suggest using a stress tester like FurMark for quickest failure results). To be honest if you had to choose, I'd RMA the motherboard.

And why all the stress! You have 1 year guaranteed warranty from the manufacturer, I've never used newegg so not sure on their policies but in Australia if I bought a part from a store, I could take it back there within a year by law. Does Corsair not have a US-based return centre?

See if you can get it to crash with the 550 in the worse slot (I'd suggest using a stress tester like FurMark for quickest failure results). To be honest if you had to choose, I'd RMA the motherboard.

I will try my best to see if newegg will RMA the motherboard, I will try to cancel the RMA on the PSU (Can I even do that?) ..fml ; ;

Thank you for all your help so far. It's getting late so I will try the 550 thing tomorrow right now I have to give up before I pick up this PC tower and throw it out the window. (I am not good at taking stress like this.) I can't think you enough for the help, and hope you can help tomorrow, though I'm sure by tomorrow night whatever I can RMA will be packed up.

Newegg lists returns must be within 30 days.

Back
Top Bottom