128gb 840 pro or 250gb 850 evo cant decide

He said space doesn't matter as he has storage disks, that's why I advised him that:cool:

Storage has nothing to do with my reply, On his laptop none of what he is doing needs a SSD but having his desktop with the larger SSD He will be able to put more programs on it that will take advantage of the SSD speed.

Storage has nothing to do with my reply, On his laptop none of what he is doing needs a SSD but having his desktop with the larger SSD He will be able to put more programs on it that will take advantage of the SSD speed.

cant think of how many programs he'd need to use up around 80GB of SSD... but anyways... :cool:

OH it goes faster than you would imagine, My older system had a 128 and I was always deleting stuff or moving it to my storage drive. It's just nice to have the space if you need it

fingered it out.

I'm gonna use pro in desktop
it seems to perform better at random read write since the controlled is designed for servers
I'm assuming ( wrong or right?) that its more important for multitasking and having 10 programs running than sequential read/write speed

usually I have winamp ispy Pandora few windows of IE open constantly
and 10-20 other programs open
since it doesn't crash I don't bother to close or save any of them I just keep them open until I'm done.

its definitely better than the NOVA 60gb ssd that I had first.

so far it seems to handle anything I throw at it with ease.
I used to get major lag with regular drive and 2 network cameras recording live
plus all the above programs open.
theres no lag anymore

well damn. another thing. this never ending upgrade is killing my wallet

I just realized my motherboard is sata2
I mean its still more responsive than it was withregular drive but I'm sure it will be much better with newer motherboard... and cpu now and videocard and probably a whole new desktop at this point lol

OH it goes faster than you would imagine, My older system had a 128 and I was always deleting stuff or moving it to my storage drive. It's just nice to have the space if you need it

Agreed. I had a 60GB (55GB really) in my desktop from 2011 to January this year. It was more manageable than you'd think, but upgrading to my 250GB just gives me so much more breathing room, and lessens the amount of time and thought I have to put in to my storage.

The 60GB is now used as the 2nd drive in my laptop. I should probably use it as the host drive for ESXi or something, despite how much of a waste that would be.

swapped the hard drive and upgraded to windows 10
boot time went from 2 minutes to 17 seconds
G62 laptop
so far so good no freezing

well damn. another thing. this never ending upgrade is killing my wallet

I just realized my motherboard is sata2
I mean its still more responsive than it was withregular drive but I'm sure it will be much better with newer motherboard... and cpu now and videocard and probably a whole new desktop at this point lol
With SATA2 you still see the benefits of higher IOPS which is what is the perceivable speed difference. SATA3 is only needed if you truly require the throughput.

Back
Top Bottom