one long beep then turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trifid said:
but the clips on either side of the ram slot are not clipping the ram into place.

EDIT: I booted up the pc with no ram in it, and it makes the same beeeep bbb noise. Does this mean one of my memory modules is corrupt, or both?

p.s. is there a trick to getting the ram into the slot, as in the manual it says that it clicks into place, but it is not. (a friend put the ram in for me)

if the memory modules aren't seated properly, no way is your pc going to start, it also beeps when id doesn't detect ANY memory sticks or detects faulty sticks.

there are little gaps on the bottom of the memory sticks, if there is only one gap, make sure to slide it in correctly on the motherboard.
careful not to put it in wrong, you can permenantely bend the slot.

check this out, hope this helps man!

Build Your Own

try putting just 1 stick in at a time, and booting up, if that works, then add the 2nd one in and boot up...if you find out it still doesn't boot after all this, you may have gotten faulty memory sticks.

Hmmm does your cpu have the Winchester core? And also does it have the 90nm sign on the box? It may be that your bios isn't recognizing the cpu... in which case you would have to flash it.

Blind_Arrow said:
Arggh!!, i didnt know he got ABit (reminds me of some A** H***, thats y my personel hatred with ABIt, so nno more replies from my side,

as ABit fans are on the forum as well:), surely there will be many)

O I hate abit, I would not touch it with sombody else's D***, I built my first comp with a, abit and had so much trouble with it, and a 20 min call to the tech, and the guy didnt have a clue...

I then just took the board back and bought a MSI board and plug it all in and it came up the first time, unlike abit which beeped at me and did nothing...

Boards I like are Msi, Asus, and I just bought a Gigabyte board and like it, expet I have one problem and I might be not looking at it right and so Im a dumb ass...

Stay away from ABIT its the devil...

Trifid said:
the motherboard manual says for dual channel memory put them in dimm1 and dimm2, which was what i had them in, but the clips on either side of the ram slot are not clipping the ram into place.

if you don't have memory seated correctly that would be your problem. the clips must lock into the indentation on the sides of the memory or you have no connection. you have to use a lot of force, but also be careful. a computer cannot run without main memory. If you're afraid of breaking it than have someone else do it who knows how to install pc memory. ...or take it to best buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom