128gb 840 pro or 250gb 850 evo cant decide

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
they look so close in benchmarks on paper I'm stuck between those two.

I have a laptop with bad HD and my desktop
and 2 hard drives.

cant decide which one goes where

total space is irrelevant since I have storage drives on both.

laptop is for tuning cars and school

desktop is pretty much a swiss army knife

both drives have their benefits because of controllers and memory type etc

Oops sorry, guess I missed that part.

Depends on which one you need more space for your primary drive, IMO.

I have to go along with carnage on just put them where you need the storage size to matter. Me personally I don't buy in to bench marks. They can be manipulated to show a skateboard could beat a twin turbo Lambo in the quarter mile.

You're not going to see a performance difference between them. An SSD is going to boot up a little faster and your programs will load and open a little quicker. Capacity, MTBF, company track record, and then price. They're all going to run like a scalded dog and crap out at the most inopportune moment.

Yup! They will all crap out when you least expect them, but if your using a 3rd party imaging program, you don't have a worry. You just pop in a new HDD,(Your choice) and 20 minutes latter your back on the air and running just like the day you created the image.
Trust me. I've been there. I'll keep preaching this until I die. " Create a image of your OS with a 3rd party program today"

As you say your pc is your Swiss Army knife I'd say Put the Evo in your pc as it's newer tech so overall performance should be a little better and you'll be using it more..

Put the pro into your laptop, I don't get the car tuning comparison with that one lol?

I'd put the 850 in the desktop, tuning your car and school won't need tons of space, So 128 gigs should be plenty for those tasks.

Back
Top Bottom