Custom PC turns on, no display

OK thanks, i will see if theres a store nearby that can test them, been going about 40 mins to another city for my equipment and have already been there atleast 5 times in past month, gets annoying driving there. But ill keep you posted tomorrow and thanks for the help.

Yeah hate to see you have to drive such a distance, that's why I was hoping there was somebody nearby that you knew that would be willing to test the RAM for you in their system. But if that's not the case, you gotta do what you have available to you. Good luck, let us know the results of what you find.

SOLVED: I was a bit of an idiot and didn't lock my CPU all the way, when i went to remove it, it came off without even having to unlock it... i put it back in and LOCKED this time and it worked, Sorry for all the trouble and thanks for the help

You may be running hot on your cpu now because you might have some air gaps between the cpu and heatsink (because the cpu was off the heat sink). You should remove all the used thermal paste and install some fresh stuff for a better seal

SOLVED: I was a bit of an idiot and didn't lock my CPU all the way, when i went to remove it, it came off without even having to unlock it... i put it back in and LOCKED this time and it worked, Sorry for all the trouble and thanks for the help

Happens to all HP call out engineers :cool:

Back
Top Bottom