Should move away from Adblock Plus - they're letting ads through even on their whitelists. I switched over to uBlock (µBlock) and it seems to also be less resource intensive than ABP.
you should keep ABP updated and check your acceptable ads list
https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads#optout
I did get a couple ads on Speed Test but I updated and reset my ad list and that cleared everything up

Last edited:
Should move away from Adblock Plus - they're letting ads through even on their whitelists. I switched over to uBlock (µBlock) and it seems to also be less resource intensive than ABP.

I use ABP also and had no issues with it... never updated it since I installed it.

uBlock still uses less resources from the articles I've read (and even looking at the Chrome Task Manager, it's used less resources than ABP has). So I'm sticking with it.

Don't think it was specific to you, necessarily. Seen issues with a few other members' avatars lately as well. Not sure if it's because of stuff going on in the background with the pending merger or not.

Thread cleaned. Let's all be adults here and get the dramatics over with.

No Drama here! That's exactly how I felt, however I agree it's time to act like grown ups.
Thank you for keeping your promise Trotter.
Gary!!

Back
Top Bottom