isnt there a better way to troubleshoot?

Hi! I don't know what Carnage and others think about IObit ,but MHO it's snake oil and will cause you grief and is not needed to maintain your PC. I read in your reply that you were running IObit and your PC froze!
Gary

Hi! I don't know what Carnage and others think about IObit ,but MHO it's snake oil and will cause you grief and is not needed to maintain your PC. I read in your reply that you were running IObit and your PC froze!
Gary

I agree, I would never use a removal tool for uninstalling programs, just do it the normal way... These tools will just add more junk to your machine or add adware, malware etc...

I maintain my PC daily and if I ever want to use a software I will try it on my old test laptop that I can wipe etc when things go bad... :cool:

I agree, I would never use a removal tool for uninstalling programs, just do it the normal way... These tools will just add more junk to your machine or add adware, malware etc...

I maintain my PC daily and if I ever want to use a software I will try it on my old test laptop that I can wipe etc when things go bad... :cool:

IOBit makes iffy software; the only "removal software" that IMO is worth a hoot is Revo Uninstaller. Or dedicated Removal Utilities for AV's since they leave so much junk behind.

Hi! Don't want to get off topic. I'm very familiar with IObit software. I guarantee they will cause you grief. The first thing help forums will suggest is to get rid of IObit when they see it's being used by the OP. They have messed up my PC in my younger days and they are nothing but trouble. Sorry for ranting, but IObit is bad news!

I installed iobit after the freeze.
and I have iobit on my desktop for about a year. see no problems
desktop stays busy all day its my music server/ 2 network security cameras recording 24/7 and pretty much everything else.
it stays on for months without restart or freezing.

I already upgraded to 840pro ssd on desktop and love it
just ordered 250gb 850 evo for the laptop.
I replaced the cdrom with an ssd already. would be interesting to see how it runs with a nice ssd instead of regular drive.

back in the day I knew every file in my windows 98 system folder I could delete the viruses while they were downloading with the 65k lol but I was on this **** every evening until 3-4am sometimes making webpages and just generally tweaking and modifying the winders and other less legal sht.
but its been a long time since then and I forgot/never updated my info. so now I just ignore the problem until it just stops working completely.. then I figure it out.

from what I gathered g62 freeze so far nobody was able to pinpoint the cause of it.
people have tried just random things and some report it worked temporarily some say it didn't
pretty much when people try 100 things and 30 of them fix that one problem temporarily. that's not a solution to me.
the freezes continue and theres no single cause I mean don't you think the people who made the laptop ( the engineers) should know what the problem is. they put it together they know what components can cause this crap. which I think is most likely crappy component acting up like someone said above. and if HP admits it they would have to repair it. but if they just wait it out people would upgrade.. and cycle of bitching on the internet continues.
kinda like mobile carriers.
people be like.. **** tmobile I switch to at&t
then 2 years later same people be like. **** at&t worst carrier ever im switching to tmobile....
and so on.
big companies be like. ok whatever you say bro you someone still gonna buy our ****ty electronics. just keep switching around lol

Yes but it's those that keep hammering at the problem that eventually find the solution.

I'm hammering on an HP throw a way laptop that powers up for a second or two then shuts off. It worked fine last time I got my hands on it. Now this problem. One of my friends here seems to think I can fix it. I got it to go to the auto repair function then it shuts off.
I think he spilled something in it by the dried up ring on the front by the touch pad. If that's the case I might not be able to do any thing for him. But I'll keep hammering at it to see if there is any thing I can do. That's the fun part of trouble shooting to me.
That this. Nope didn't work. Try that. Nope... Hmmm Well let's try something else.

If the end users like you and me, keep hammering at a problem and find a solution that works and keeps working, we'll be internet super stars. But that's not what it's about. It's taking a problem, applying simple logic to it, and seeing where it goes. It's the journey, not the destination that matters.

Hi I have been advised that my remarks were offensive in my reply #13 Sorry I did not mean to offend anyone. I see where I could have used better words and phrased my reply differently!
Please except my sincere apology If I offended you. I'll try very hard not to let that happen again, but I'm sure I will goof up again in the future!
Gary!

why do people get so easily offended these days.
eventually its gonna come down to people just not socializing in fear of offending someone with pretty much anything they say.
could lead to complete breakdown of society lol.

Back
Top Bottom