Hello All!

Spicy

In Runtime
Hi, I'm Spicy,
I'm from the UK. I enjoy gaming (Games: LoL, CS:GO and minecraft) and coding (I enjoy it, I'm not good at it xD) my main language is python and I'm trying to expand it. I am currently doing my GCSEs in computing and I am beginning to use Raspberry Pi and they're pretty cool! I joined because this will be an amazing place for any tech problems I may have and I can meet new people.

Here is to many years of fun and problem solving!
Spicy :)

Last edited:
Welcome :) I joined a year or two before I started my GCSEs, and the stuff I learned here guided me through and toward my A-levels (and IT BTEC), my degree (Ethical Hacking) and now my job in digital forensics.

I've heard that the ICT GCSE has been heavily revamped in the last year or two, which trust me is a very good thing. Despite my interests, background, and knowledge, my ICT GCSE was my worst grade (D).

Last edited:
Welcome :) I joined a year or two before I started my GCSEs, and the stuff I learned here guided me through and toward my A-levels (and IT BTEC), my degree (Ethical Hacking) and now my job in digital forensics.

I've heard that the ICT GCSE has been heavily revamped in the last year or two, which trust me is a very good thing. Despite my interests, background, and knowledge, my ICT GCSE was my worst grade (D).

Yes, I have been told about this revamp due to this "wonderful" man named Michael Gove. I have never heard about ethical hacking, what does that include?

Ethical hacking. There's contests around the world that do just that. Black, white, and gray hat hackers come together for the greater good to show things are not as safe as they seem. At one of those contests a contestant managed to hack in to a mac.
It's when you show what the vulnerability is, how you exploited it, and do it for a good cause. Like letting software companies know so they can fix the problem.

Ethical hacking. There's contests around the world that do just that. Black, white, and gray hat hackers come together for the greater good to show things are not as safe as they seem. At one of those contests a contestant managed to hack in to a mac.
It's when you show what the vulnerability is, how you exploited it, and do it for a good cause. Like letting software companies know so they can fix the problem.

That sounds quite fun! Did you know that Facebook will actually pay you if you manage to hack them successfully? I can't remember the exact amount but it was quite large.

Ethical hacking. There's contests around the world that do just that.
Yeah, they tend to be called Hackathons or something similar. My uni recently held the Cyber Security Challenge (http://cybersecuritychallenge.org.uk/)
At one of those contests a contestant managed to hack in to a mac.
You say that like it's a significant achievement :p
It's when you show what the vulnerability is, how you exploited it, and do it for a good cause. Like letting software companies know so they can fix the problem
Yup. The term is "responsible disclosure".

That sounds quite fun! Did you know that Facebook will actually pay you if you manage to hack them successfully? I can't remember the exact amount but it was quite large.
This is true, as it is for many tech companies. In order to promote this, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft all hold their own separate organised events to get people trying to hack their stuff. They do it to promote (and ensure) responsible disclosure of security issues in their products.

I joined when I was in year 8. Yeah, ICT has been revamped, there are two subjects: ICT (ms excel, dreamweaver and that stuff), Computer Science (programming, harder stuff). My class is the first to do computer science but nobody really has a clue how to program, they even struggle on if statements :lol:

I joined when I was in year 8. Yeah, ICT has been revamped, there are two subjects: ICT (ms excel, dreamweaver and that stuff), Computer Science (programming, harder stuff). My class is the first to do computer science but nobody really has a clue how to program, they even struggle on if statements :lol:

I'm doing the computer science aspect of it.

Back
Top Bottom