Intel build.

For the extra cash of the added water parts it'd be cheaper to buy a better single GPU and retain the PSU.

Edit: I mean, only do what makes absolute sense. Are you buying 2 300w cards later? If so, then the 750w PSU wouldn't be enough anyways. Are you intending on going with 2 970s and OC both plus the i5? I mean, all 3 overclocked would grant 600ish watt pull from the wall which the 650 can do. That's with pretty hefty OCs on the GPUs. Anything higher would mean you would probably need 850+ worth of PSU. So if it's worth it anyways just to get the 750 then do so for the overhead. After all it's your money.

Last edited:
Okie dokie, I may just get the 750w then, as it's only a few quid more.

*EDIT*

Would i beable to change the mobo for a different one? Same price, maybe a little more expensive, but not too much. So it has dvi/vga connectors on the mobo, as i am around £60 short for my GPU atm. but can order everything tomorrow. Also taken the SSD out, i have a 1TB hd here, so instead of paying out for this SSD, i'll just buy the next best one in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents worth here. Regardless of what power supply you get I'd strongly recommend getting one that is totally modular. Reason being if you don't need to connect a device to the PSU then you don't have to figure out what to do with all the extra wiring.
Makes for a neat and tidy case. Helps with the air flow also if a bunch of unused wires are not in the way. Not going against what PP said but a little lea way in the PSU will let you add more goodies with out having to swap out the PSU later.

I would also venture to point out you like me, are investing a chunk of change in some thing you want to last a good while. Power surges such as those from thunder storms, will make short work of a computer system. Unless you have home owners insurance, if you get zapped you're just out of luck. Therefore I'd recommend getting a good UPS with solid surge protection. I use the APC brand because it's a solid brand name with a good track record. I have the APC BE750G Back-UPS 750VA 10-outlet Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) - Newegg.com. Inexpensive insurance.

Back
Top Bottom