Toshiba Satellite C55-B5302 touchpad stopped working completely

Hi! If I have any clue about what I'm doing. It is my understanding that there aren't any up dates for my touch pad????It is working great, so I'm not worried. Just trying to learn and pass it forward!!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture49.jpg
    Capture49.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
They suggest getting the drivers from your computer makers website to insure you get the right one. I'd listen to that advise.

They suggest getting the drivers from your computer makers website to insure you get the right one. I'd listen to that advise.

The computer manufacturer almost never has the most up to date - they provide the drivers they determined were "stable" for the system when it released. Patches and such for the OS, other software, etc. can change that and make those "stable" drivers unstable. Happens literally all the time with network drivers especially. Been very few instances where using the ones from the manufacturer's site is required - 95% of the time I go to the actual component manufacturer's website and get the newest driver.

In fact I just updated my Synaptics driver to the latest from their site (several versions newer than what Win10 provided by default for my touchpad), and it has a newer/updated interface and works just fine.

Hi! Carnage! Could you give the link you used to find the Synaptics driver.
Would you advise up dating the driver if you're not having a problem??
Thank You!
Gary!

Hi! Carnage! Could you give the link you used to find the Synaptics driver.
Would you advise up dating the driver if you're not having a problem??
Thank You!
Gary!
Provided the link in my previous post to the Synaptics driver page

Synaptics website is up to 19.0.19.1:
Drivers – Synaptics

As for updating if you're not having an issue... that's up to you.

Also, I was wrong that it's up to 19.0.19.1...that's only for Win10 systems (which is what I'm running). For Win8 and below it's still at 17.0.19.

Thank you! I missed the link! I'll give it a look!
This is a note from Synapitics!! This is confusing to me!
PLEASE NOTE: To ensure that you get the appropriate device driver for your system, download your Synaptics device driver from your system manufacturer's support website. If you are upgrading to Windows 10 you can use the Windows update function to ensure you get the correct driver for your hardware.

Last edited:
Im completely confused... donetao it seems you have high-jacked this thread... and the troubleshooting with the OP is lost/ getting confusing as people are replying to you now... Please create your own :cool:

Im completely confused... donetao it seems you have high-jacked this thread... and the troubleshooting with the OP is lost/ getting confusing as people are replying to you now... Please create your own :cool:
Hi Sorry! How are you confused?? I thought my replies were all related to driver updates.
Thanks for your replies Carnage. Sorry didn't mean to Hi-Jack this thread.
I'm bowing out now. Where are your posts i2D and where did I confuse you??
Maybe Carnage could help with your confusion! He is the one replying to me and he doesn't seem to be confused even when I ask the same thing twice:lol:
Gary!

Hi Sorry! How are you confused?? I thought my replies were all related to driver updates.
Thanks for your replies Carnage. Sorry didn't mean to Hi-Jack this thread.
I'm bowing out now. Where are your posts i2D and where did I confuse you??
Maybe Carnage could help with your confusion! He is the one replying to me and he doesn't seem to be confused even when I ask the same thing twice:lol:
Gary!

Donetao, You would see I posted in the first page if you was reading.. the OP had an issue that he wanted to be helped with, not to be rude but you want to learn about how to fix this? then read what others say here to help and maybe make a thread asking for more advise on it, or google it... you clearly are the only one asking questions on the thread now even though the OP did not say it was fixed... and I want to hear from the OP to further help him but you keep posting..

"maybe carnage could help with your confusion!"? - the discussion between you and carnage makes the thread seem you want to learn about this, and carnage isnt helping the OP anymore so don't you realize you have taken away the help from the OP even further.... Im trying to help the OP with a issue.. I would be happy to give you knowledge on drivers and diagnosing them if you ask in a PM or make a thread.. :cool:

Also - This reply you made sounds a bit cocky to me, I am simply saying the OP needs the attention here not you (not being rude)... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom