Tell me if these benchmark scores look okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
70 fps? Is that with 2x AA or 4x AA. I run the game with Vsync on but run the timedemo with it off. If its 4xAA, then I'd be very happy. If its 2xAA, it could still be a little higher. Have you tried using Catalyst AI? Also, depending on your hard drive, you could have to run it a second time to get your real results. Run it once, and run it again without exiting the game, and tell me what you get on it the second time.

I got the 70 with vsync off and 2xAA

I ran it with vsync off and 4x AA
The first time I got 57
Then I ran it again immediately after and got 64.8

I noticed that the first time the frame would pause in a few places, the second time it had no pauses. Could this be a hard drive issue? Would my hard drive also affect my 3d marks score?

Oh, what's Catalyst AI?

Those Doom 3 timedemo scores you're getting seem fine to me; out of interest I get about 31-32fps on Ultra quality, 1280x1024, 2xAA, 8xAF, Vsync ON. In-game it's quite playable on these settings, it'll drop to the mid-twenties during heavy action, but still playable...

EDIT: When you run a timedemo you should re-boot the game first, otherwise it'll of course run smoother and not give you an accurate result...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom