connection issue

Hi Just saying Routers break just like any electronic devise. The first router I bought from Staples was a lemon and I never got it to work. Staples upgraded it with the top of the line NETGEAR for no extra charge to me. I also had bought my other router there! I was on line in 15 minutes and I haven't lost a connection sense. IMHO there shouldn't be a big hassle getting a router to connect and stay connected.
Gary!!

my router is about 2 months old.
Hi chara! There are lemons on every thing you buy. If you can't keep connected, there has to be a reason. Buy a new one. Most stores have a return policy. If the new one drops you, take it back and get a refund. That's all I know. If you've tried every thing else that has been suggested here, what else can you do.
Getting dropped in the middle of some thing is a royal PITA!!
Gary

i bought a linksys ac1200 wusb6300 to replace my internal wireless wi-fi adapter which solved my dropped connection issue. This is well known issue with my internal adapter as there are many complaints from people all over the net. I explained this to asus and best buy. This issue I have is why am i paying for the new adapter and why not them?

thoughts?

thx

If it's a known issue...then you'd need to warranty your entire system, if it's a built-in device.

Was this a laptop? if so...you could just replace the internal wifi adapter yourself. It's just a little card you need to swap out.

Hi If I'm understanding you correctly, a USB adapter solved your drop connection problem.
That's a good thing. I'm glad you found your problem. I'm afraid I can't answer your question about who should pay for the adapter. If it's a know issue, then asus should make it right!. What was asus's answer to your problem?
oops tied again carnage!! LOL
Gary!

If it's a known issue...then you'd need to warranty your entire system, if it's a built-in device.

Was this a laptop? if so...you could just replace the internal wifi adapter yourself. It's just a little card you need to swap out.

If i did it myself asus said that would void my warranty so that is not an option. I do not want to lose my laptop for 2 weeks which is why i bought an external usb card which solved my issue. Why shouldnt asus or best buy pay for it?

Hi If I'm understanding you correctly, a USB adapter solved your drop connection problem.
That's a good thing. I'm glad you found your problem. I'm afraid I can't answer your question about who should pay for the adapter. If it's a know issue, then asus should make it right!. What was asus's answer to your problem?
Gary!
asus said to send it to one of their places to have it looked at and fix it if needed. They said to send it to 1 of the places that fix them and i think 2 weeks is too long and dont want to wait that long. I will call them again tomorrow and b!tch about it.

ur thoughts?

thx

If i did it myself asus said that would void my warranty so that is not an option. I do not want to lose my laptop for 2 weeks which is why i bought an external usb card which solved my issue. Why shouldnt asus or best buy pay for it?
You answered your own question:
asus said to send it to one of their places to have it looked at and fix it if needed. They said to send it to 1 of the places that fix them and i think 2 weeks is too long and dont want to wait that long. I will call them again tomorrow and b!tch about it.

ur thoughts?

thx

They're willing to fix it for you - buying external / extra accessories isn't covered under a warranty.

Think of it like a car: if the radio goes out, the dealership is going to replace the factory radio with a factory radio replacement - they're not going to pay for you replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket radio.

Gary!

Your post was a whole 5 min later... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom