HHD or Hybrid Hard Drives

I like the Samsung and Intel drives because they do have better support and software. Does Crucial provide Secure Erase and optimization software, either with the drive on a cd disk or to download from their web site?

I like the Samsung and Intel drives because they do have better support and software. Does Crucial provide Secure Erase and optimization software, either with the drive on a cd disk or to download from their web site?
Crucial does have a software but idk what it supplies. Optimize isn't needed with 8 or 10.

Yeah I saw that...kinda regret not picking one up lol. They were refurbs but meh.
Yea, his is running 100% fine. I didn't get one because I'm reducing spending.

Crucial does have a software but idk what it supplies. Optimize isn't needed with 8 or 10.
Only real reason I have the Samsung software installed for my SSD is for firmware updates. Otherwise I didn't let it do any optimizing either.

Yea, his is running 100% fine. I didn't get one because I'm reducing spending.

Was watching the deals board on [H] when I first saw it and the people that ordered them over there are getting them now and seem to be working just fine as well. I'll have to keep an eye out for Crucial's next big refurb sale.

Yea I don't even bother updating my SSDs.

I've been bitten by not updating firmware in the past with HDD's (the famous SeaGate 7200rpm 1.5TB drives with the bad firmware - luckily they still took it and I just had to pay shipping to get the firmware updated) - so I tend to watch that stuff more often now. Figured I might as well watch the updater to see if there's an update available and if there is, read the changelog to see if it's worth applying.

Hasn't been an update available for it yet since I've owned it though - but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom