Pc shuts Off

Actually you can, go talk to an electrical engineer. Not even going to bother with that convo because I already proved that his PSU should be fine in theory, which is the subject of the matter. Please provide proof, what you are saying means that you are creating energy, and the laws of physics deems that impossible.

TPU has better equipment to measure than any other site on the net.Yet from what I find, most the articles are from other websites that they are directing to? Provide one article that is actually on TPU and not a german website. They have the best PSU testing equipment and the best methodology of measuring power consumption from the device itself. For instance every single GPU reviewed has the power consumption measured at the power input rather than a box on the wall. It's why I link specifically to them, and obviously they didn't have a 750k which is why I linked the other site that clearly measures the way all other sites measure, from the wall. If you want to take numbers from Tom's then feel free not to regurgitate their BS here.Sorry, but Tom's isn't half bad at measuring power draw, they don't use a wall-plug based meter these days.

PP, sometimes, you prove to be one hell of an ***. Gonna go ahead and add you to the list with Kman. Actually had respect for you, but at this point, well, you are showing you are beyond ignorant if you think you can get more energy than what is there.

TDP isn't the maximum theoretical power draw, more of a guideline and is rarely completely accurate. Sometimes a chip might be given a higher TDP just to match the other chips in the family simply for convenience...

If you're running the CPUs at 100% load all the time using something like Furmark, then you're going to exceed TDP. TDP is usually based on realistic use, but is often perceived different and implemented based on different scenarios. For example, some processor TDPs are based on a power user doing heavy video editing, or gaming etc. It really can't be relied upon as a measure of total power consumption.

Intel processors with Turbo-Boost often exceed TDP provided you have adequate cooling. Overclocking will, again, cause the chip to exceed TDP and provided the cooling is sufficient and it can draw enough power, it will consume more than the stated TDP.

Hi all, first off thank you for all your help! i learned something new about alot of things - but now i actually fixed my problem myself.
There was some debate around if it was because of a faulty PSU, too much power draw or a 3rd thing but it was the last.
So i was once again replugging everything but this time also took my ram stick out and put it in the other spot, as i have space for 2 but only have 1. And now my pc doesnt shut off! :D
I am currently running both stress tests at once -25 minutes through- still no shutoff so the problem is fixed, but if you could tell my the reason for this problem you would be a little bit nicer.

THANKS TO ALL!

PS: if you get irritated of me spelling a word wrong please let me know as i am still getting better at english (12 year danish boy).

PP, sometimes, you prove to be one hell of an ***. Gonna go ahead and add you to the list with Kman. Actually had respect for you, but at this point, well, you are showing you are beyond ignorant if you think you can get more energy than what is there.
I'm an ***? Dude I already showed you how you contradicted yourself, I told you WHY I linked the other site BECAUSE TPU didn't have that specific CPU, and you want to block me because I told you to go talk to an electrical engineer. All while it still NOT being the PSU because I told you 3 times now his two components don't pull enough to saturate 430w. But I'm the ***. See below.

PS. I'll state it again, TPU uses thousands of dollars worth of gear to properly measure power cunsomption from the device itself. No other site in tech does this, period. Not even Anadtech which is one of the biggest. Now please tell me how I can link to TPU when they didn't review that specific processor? I already explained why I linked to the other review, but since you're so damn buttmad you failed to calm the **** down and read.

TDP isn't the maximum theoretical power draw, more of a guideline and is rarely completely accurate. Sometimes a chip might be given a higher TDP just to match the other chips in the family simply for convenience...

If you're running the CPUs at 100% load all the time using something like Furmark, then you're going to exceed TDP. TDP is usually based on realistic use, but is often perceived different and implemented based on different scenarios. For example, some processor TDPs are based on a power user doing heavy video editing, or gaming etc. It really can't be relied upon as a measure of total power consumption.

Intel processors with Turbo-Boost often exceed TDP provided you have adequate cooling. Overclocking will, again, cause the chip to exceed TDP and provided the cooling is sufficient and it can draw enough power, it will consume more than the stated TDP.

TDP is nothing but a mathematical calculation based on assumed power consumed to heat output. Here is the deal which is why I was telling Cor up there that the CPU being measured from the wall and not the CPU itself is going to show over because law of conservation of energy. When you're pulling power from the wall most sites are good about taking idle watts and subtracting that to full load but they don't calculate for margin of error or energy lost in heat due to the transfer of electricity and current build up in the caps to power the CPU. What happens when you push electricity through components? They get hot, and that heat isn't going to be calculated for the final equation is it? No, only the number from the wall being subtracted is. When the CPU voltage droops more power is pulled and therefore energy being turned into heat from VRMs and PSU is being expelled but there's no way to measure this. Instead, they subtract the number and say this processor was taking 115W at load, when in reality it isn't. They don't take architecture efficiency to play either.

Processors only have a TDP rating to give the consumer an idea of how much cooling they'll need, but because it's so confusing nobody really relates to this. It's why boards like this exist. I use TDP as a sparse consumption measurement because at full load you should be taking around that much in power and not go too far over. So in relation to the OP 100w + 130w = nowhere near 430w. Bottom line was, power draw was not the problem.

Hi all, first off thank you for all your help! i learned something new about alot of things - but now i actually fixed my problem myself.
There was some debate around if it was because of a faulty PSU, too much power draw or a 3rd thing but it was the last.
So i was once again replugging everything but this time also took my ram stick out and put it in the other spot, as i have space for 2 but only have 1. And now my pc doesnt shut off! :D
I am currently running both stress tests at once -25 minutes through- still no shutoff so the problem is fixed, but if you could tell my the reason for this problem you would be a little bit nicer.

THANKS TO ALL!

PS: if you get irritated of me spelling a word wrong please let me know as i am still getting better at english (12 year danish boy).
Basically sounds just like you needed to reseat the RAM. Figures.

I'm an ***? Dude I already showed you how you contradicted yourself, I told you WHY I linked the other site BECAUSE TPU didn't have that specific CPU, and you want to block me because I told you to go talk to an electrical engineer. All while it still NOT being the PSU because I told you 3 times now his two components don't pull enough to saturate 430w. But I'm the ***. See below.

PS. I'll state it again, TPU uses thousands of dollars worth of gear to properly measure power cunsomption from the device itself. No other site in tech does this, period. Not even Anadtech which is one of the biggest. Now please tell me how I can link to TPU when they didn't review that specific processor? I already explained why I linked to the other review, but since you're so damn buttmad you failed to calm the **** down and read.

TDP is nothing but a mathematical calculation based on assumed power consumed to heat output. Here is the deal which is why I was telling Cor up there that the CPU being measured from the wall and not the CPU itself is going to show over because law of conservation of energy. When you're pulling power from the wall most sites are good about taking idle watts and subtracting that to full load but they don't calculate for margin of error or energy lost in heat due to the transfer of electricity and current build up in the caps to power the CPU. What happens when you push electricity through components? They get hot, and that heat isn't going to be calculated for the final equation is it? No, only the number from the wall being subtracted is. When the CPU voltage droops more power is pulled and therefore energy being turned into heat from VRMs and PSU is being expelled but there's no way to measure this. Instead, they subtract the number and say this processor was taking 115W at load, when in reality it isn't. They don't take architecture efficiency to play either.

Processors only have a TDP rating to give the consumer an idea of how much cooling they'll need, but because it's so confusing nobody really relates to this. It's why boards like this exist. I use TDP as a sparse consumption measurement because at full load you should be taking around that much in power and not go too far over. So in relation to the OP 100w + 130w = nowhere near 430w. Bottom line was, power draw was not the problem.

Basically sounds just like you needed to reseat the RAM. Figures.
So basically what was the problem? I Can have turned it around for sure

EDIT: I can't have turned it around for sure

Last edited:
If moving slots proved successful then one of two things can be concluded. The RAM needed to be reseated (taken out and back in to ensure proper connection in the socket) or the slot itself is bad. If it works the way it is then no point messing with it.

Well! I might as well put my 2 cents in. I agree with PP about the sticks. Probably a eraser to clean the contacts or just blowing the dirt out would have fixed the problem. One way to find out. Put the stick back where it was and see what happens!! LOL
Dang it I hate it when I agree with PPMguire!! LOL LOL
Gary!!
PS I'm glad you got is sorted out!

It just started doing it again!
it happend as i reseated it once again, now both slots seem broken (sadly).
So would it be the PSU?
I recently got windows 10 (not pro) 64-bit and it did it before that, i will test further.

EDIT: i am Also dualbooted with windows 7 professional

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom