connection issue

chara33

Daemon Poster
Just installed win 10 on my laptop. When using wifi to connect to internet connection. what could coz this?

thx

Gonna need more detail since there isn't much in your OP.

What sort of connection issues? Are you able to connect to wifi at all? Do networks show up? Is the wifi driver installed?

Gonna need more detail since there isn't much in your OP.

What sort of connection issues? Are you able to connect to wifi at all? Do networks show up? Is the wifi driver installed?

I can connect but after a few minutes it drops. I assume the driver for wifi is installed since i get a connection.

I'd suggest trying to install a different (newer?) wifi driver from the wifi card manufacturer's site. Lookup the brand/model # of your wifi chip through Device Manager and look at the Driver Tab in the properties of it to see what the date/version is. Look on the manufacturer's site and see if a newer one is available.

I'd suggest trying to install a different (newer?) wifi driver from the wifi card manufacturer's site. Lookup the brand/model # of your wifi chip through Device Manager and look at the Driver Tab in the properties of it to see what the date/version is. Look on the manufacturer's site and see if a newer one is available.

I used device mgr and right clicked on the adapter and it said i have the most current driver there is. My isp rolled back a version and that didnt help either. Any other ideas?

I used device mgr and right clicked on the adapter and it said i have the most current driver there is. My isp rolled back a version and that didnt help either. Any other ideas?

Don't do the "Check for updates" through device manager - that just checks against the latest that MS has. Go to the wifi card manufacturer's site and download the driver if a newer one exists.

ok, i downloaded it to my desktop. How do i get it so my adapter will use the driver i jusy downloaded.

thx

Well if it's an executable run it.

Otherwise you'll need to extract it to a folder, and then right click your wifi adapter in Device Manger -> Update driver... -> choose to "Choose from folder" option -> Tick the "Include subfolders" box -> Point it to the folder where you extracted the driver files and click Next/Ok.

mediatek mt7630 802.11bgn driver

after a few mins connection drops causing yellow ! on network icon in system tray.

Back
Top Bottom