Pc shuts Off

Ok how are you stressing the hardware and what software are you using to monitor clocks and temps?

Use CPU-Z to make sure your CPU really is stock 3.4GHz, and use Prime95 to stress test for stability. Let this run for 10 minutes while you monitor temps with HWMon or Coretemp (standalone).

For GPU use MSI kombustor to stress test the GPU and monitor the temps.

If either individually don't shut down the computer then run them both together. If that shuts down your PSU isn't providing enough voltage.

I almost wanna say the PSU can't tolerate both the GPU and CPU at the same time...

Would be nice if we knew the exact GPU model since "200 series" ranges from low-end to high-end cards....

Well I doubt seriously that even though his GPU is AMD it's pulling 330w. That's why I didn't say that at first. Technically what he has should be fine for the load. I'm just under the initial impression that something isn't stable.

What case do you have? It could be as simple as an ventilation problem. You need to have more CFM going out than coming in. This creates a negative air pressure environment. It aids in pulling air in to the case taking the load off the intake fans.
I just rebuilt my system using an Antec P280 case. Although it can support intake and internal fans, they turned out to impede the flow of air in to the case. After removing them and doing a through clean up including the heat sink, it runs cooler and quieter.

The CX430 is not enough to push all the devices you have and do a CPU over clock that is stable. I'd be upgrading that PSU to at least and AX850 or AX860. They are completely modular. I like mine. I just keep adding devices and it doesn't even work up a sweat.

attachment.php

I have the Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 and Corsair Air Series AF120-LED 120mm Quiet Edition High Airflow LED Fan - Red for extra air flow,and stock coolers

Sapphire 11222-06-20G - Radeon R7 260X OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (11222-06-20G)

That's what it said I had bought on amazon

CPU Maximum power draw is about 250w AFAIK, GPU can pull upwards of 130w... So yeah, those two components alone if this happens only during load could be stressing the PSU too much once you add in all the other components...

Have you done as PP said earlier with those stress tests to see if the machine powers down?

OK, so im doing a few repliks now instead of 1 big, when cpu-z is my only running program i am going from 1300mhz to 3600mhz jumping up and down

Back
Top Bottom