I need some ideas for my old Tech.

I've managed to make a older machine run as with the RAM from one PC and the HDD from another so as for now I'm back up too 9 including Lappys and Desktops what also includes SFF Desktops and one Server. Just swapped some Parts around. While I'm on about this line of explanation I saw in my local trader some gye selling 8 Job Lot Lappys for 600 pound WITH NO HDD, RAM, Covers, Battery's, and Chargers. Just shells. I honest6ly thought your an Idiot and who ever buys shells for 600 pound is a Mug. Simples.

Just throwing this out there (and I'm working on doing this myself for the house). You could actually use an older desktop with minimal stuff as a NAS drive. There's freeware available for the OS (FreeNAS and NAS4Free), then connect multiple drives and set them however you want (I think I'm going for a RAID setup). Hook it to the network, viola! I've got an old desktop that will take four hard drives that I'm probably going to do this with. You could even use an external enclosure if you needed more room, but you would want something with a good connection, not USB 2.0.

You could sell it for the cheap, people like myself could buy it as a backup computer if the specs are right.

Edit: that acer looks to be a good machine, small form factor yes but if its lasted this long it could serve as a HTPC with linux as its OS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom