Pc shuts Off

anto2554

Baseband Member
ok so, when my GPU is under heavy load (like watching 2 hd videos and gaming at the same time) it randomly shuts off after 15-45 minutes however both BIOS, speedfan, sapphire TRIXX and tthrottle says im never going above 60 degrees celsius.
These are my specs:

AMD athlon quad core processor X4 750K quad core processor 3.9GHz, OC genie on no other overclocking

Corsair CX 430

AMD radeon R7 200 series

Ballistix sport vlp (what it says on the ram stick, cant find the real name) 8 gigs of RAM

Sata 64 mb cache 1 TP harddrive (atleast 4 years old)

Windows 7 64-bit no key bougth

DirectX 11

thats all the things i could i find, i have allready tried unplugging ALL external things. I also replaced thermal paste on cpu and did a nice dust removal a few days ago, and checked everything was niceley plugged in.
So what can my problem be?
please say so if you need anymore information.

Are those temps for your CPU or GPU? Have you checked both temps?

Also, wondering if that PSU can handle the power draw from the CPU/GPU - since both are known for heavy power draw - and thus dumping a lot of heat.

Yes i checked both cpu and gpu temps, you migth be rigth about the power supply problem, if it comes to being that problem, what power supple would you then recommed?

At idle my gpu is 25 (little over room temp) to 35, at a little load like Fraps, Spotify and Browsing it is at 32-45 and when under Heavy load (real not stresstest) it is 44-60. i turn up my fans at this temp otherwise it goes to about 70 but it dosent seem to shut off faster from more heat however i Can run some stress tests and look at the exact times if that would help.
All tempratures are Celsius.

Also I am planning to buy widows 7 pro 64-bit and then directly upgrade to windows 10 pro 64-bit, can I do this? Or should I wait?

Last edited:
Buying windows 10 costs 150-200 frisking pounds! I can buy windows 7 for about 45, or do you know a place where they cost the same? (Not mean voice)

Last edited:
Also I think i lied... When I did as you said and diagnosed the hdd it said system32 so I guess I was wrong, testing if it worked atm.

Back
Top Bottom