Dell Wifi Driver

Thanks Carnage. I guess it only wants the INF files; I just dragged them to the desktop. Everything works fine. I've had this problem with a Sony Vaio. Why is it these OEM wifi drivers give so much trouble?

Sorry Apples and carnage. I figured Dell would do the job automatically.
You got it figured out and that's the important thing. Here's the link I was looking for carnage.
It explains this much better than I ever could. I guess I'm lazy, but others explain these things better than i ever could. It pretty much says the same thing you suggested.
Gary!
How to install a driver when there's no installation .exe file to run - TechSpot Forums
Windows is looking for .INF files in the folder (Windows ignores EXE files in this case. It looks for INF files to tell it how to do the install)
> If there are no INF files in the folder, Windows won't even let you select the folder when you Browse in step 4​

Last edited:
Thanks Carnage. I guess it only wants the INF files; I just dragged them to the desktop. Everything works fine. I've had this problem with a Sony Vaio. Why is it these OEM wifi drivers give so much trouble?

Well firstly, Sony is terrible IMO - seen a lot of issues with Vaios, and they don't update their drivers much either (they're still working on Win10 compatibility...).

Usually drivers that are available on the OEM's site are "approved" for the base install they give you. If you reinstall / change OS's, those drivers won't necessarily be updated on their website because those are drivers determined to be "stable" when they sold the system.

Back
Top Bottom