Dell Wifi Driver

In Device Manager, right click on each item that has an exclamation point and uninstall it. Then click Actions > Scan for hardware changes. Let Windows see what it can do with installing them. Usually that will do the trick.

One last question as I see there seems to be a little hostility here.
Did you install the chip set drivers first.
I'm gone!
Gary!!
PS I'm sure carnage will be able to help you with your problem!
Thanks for your reply!

There could be more hostility-when I say ALL drivers, Chipset is included.

Just trying to help Apples. Good luck with your problem. We are a team here and we work together. I try my best to be a team member. It looks like you have some good help here.
I'll just observe! LOL
Gary!

For network it says:

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280
https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=83&system=7

And before you ask, yes Atheros.cz is a legit site - it's just an unofficial driver repository for Atheros chipsets.

and for USB2.0 it says

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0129&REV_3960
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0129

I think this is the Realtek card reader driver from Dell's website...you installed that one as well, right? It's under the Chipset category. I couldn't find a separate driver (or really any info other than it related to Realtek) other than the one on Dell's site.

Also, use this utility from Intel's website to make sure you have the latest chipset driver:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775

Extract the zip to a folder, and then open up Device Manger. Right click the device -> Update Driver -> Browse for folder... -> Point it to the folder you extracted the zip contents to (make sure to check the box that says "Search Subfolders" as well) -> Let it search and it should install the appropriate driver(s).

Edit: Nevermind, sounds like you got it working then? Do all your network adapters work?

So do you still have unknown devices in your Device Manager?

Hi! See if this helps. It seems other members might have gone to bed.
That's where I'm going!

PS Nice work carnage. Looks like we have a happy camper. LOL
Gary!
Good night!
This reply has been edited!! Wrong link!

Last edited:
^ That applies to Windows Server 2008 R2 for deploying drivers and such over a network - not applicable in this case ;).

Sorry! I know what I was trying to say. I just didn't say it right.
The good thing is that the problem is solved. I'll try to do better in the future!
Gary!

Back
Top Bottom