New Motherboard install

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi

I am going to attempt to build my own desktop tower , I am thinking of getting a Intel DQ45CB board , the question is this will be a bare board , I think I know what bits to get for it , but the main question is , if I purchase a second hand Pentium Core 2 quad CPU to go in it , what type of set up will be required , do I just fit the new CPU etc then just boot up as you would if I had fit a motherboard bundle ! .

cheers

spike

Hi

I can just get it cheap so that I can make a cheap Games PC to run GTA 5 !! .

cheers

How cheap is cheap? I wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks for that board. I mean, if you can get like a Q9400 and that board for 50 bucks I'd say go for it. Just a heads up, a Q6600 is the absolute minimum on requirements for the game to run according to them.

Hi

Thanks for your reply , I have not decided as yet to get that board , I am just trying to do a build to run a game on it , could you please give me a answer if you can to the last part of my query , " what type of set up will be required , do I just fit the new CPU etc then just boot up as you would if I had fit a motherboard bundle ! " .

cheers

spike

If the board has the latest bios then yes, according to Intel you can drop any Core 2 in the board. Of course you'll need the cooler installed and DDR2 but in theory you shouldn't have any issues.

Hi
Thanks for that info , will give it a go and see how I go , will come back here to let you know how I got on .

thanks again

spike

DDR2 is getting to be obsolete. Ram makers are rolling out DDR4. I'd get a mother board that's a little more modern. Check over at Newegg. They runs combo deals with CPU and mother board that won't break the bank.

DDR2 is getting to be obsolete. Ram makers are rolling out DDR4. I'd get a mother board that's a little more modern. Check over at Newegg. They runs combo deals with CPU and mother board that won't break the bank.

That's why we were trying to get a budget, but OP hasn't posted in a while so I'm assuming it's a done deal.

Back
Top Bottom