3G web traffic

newcomer

Beta member
Hi everyone,

i wanted to know how "good traffic" or unique traffic is counted when it is coming from 3G or 4G mobile data.

i know in wifi or normal internet the public IP address is counted as unique when it enters a website for the first time, but how about when it is coming from 3G or 4G ofcourse there have to be other parameters other then IP address, so it is IEMI ?

thanks

Your phone still get a public IP address with 3G / 4G, your carrier or as I call it, network provider provides your IP.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply

yes i know that but is that IP unique to you? or do many other devices from other users share that same public IP? because i highly doubt the carrier will assign a unique public IP address to every single device on 3G OR 4G. i think they assign a bunch maybe 100 or thousand users with the same public ip address. so what i want to know is how does google analytics differentiate user A from user B who are both on 3G with same provider sharing same public IP.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply

yes i know that but is that IP unique to you? or do many other devices from other users share that same public IP? because i highly doubt the carrier will assign a unique public IP address to every single device on 3G OR 4G. i think they assign a bunch maybe 100 or thousand users with the same public ip address. so what i want to know is how does google analytics differentiate user A from user B who are both on 3G with same provider sharing same public IP.

Yes people will share a public IP, You can buy fixed IP sim cards but cost alot. :cool:

In terms of how a website see you as unique, Im not sure lol maybe you can find out and let me/ us know.

Back
Top Bottom