R9 380 for an upgrade

cuzimbatman

Solid State Member
Hello guys. I m saving money to upgrade my old graphics card. I m planning to buy r9 390, but my cpu is not that good. A a8 7600 kaveri. I m planning to play stealth games like AC Unity and syndicate. Also hitman, witcher 3 and nba. I m not that kind of hardcore gamer. Is it worth my buck? Thanks for your response.

Sent from my GT-I9515 using Tapatalk

Which submodel? I'm going to say upfront, probably not. The Strike X is.....ok....but they have a pretty bad history of making **** units like Apevia and Raidmax. I'll also say, that 500W will be peak power output, not continuous. A 70w processor + a 300+W GPU is seriously pushing it for a non-quality brand. For more info about heat and power draw of a 390, take a look at this thread near the end.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/newguy-looking-advice-new-build-275667/

Which submodel? I'm going to say upfront, probably not. The Strike X is.....ok....but they have a pretty bad history of making **** units like Apevia and Raidmax. I'll also say, that 500W will be peak power output, not continuous. A 70w processor + a 300+W GPU is seriously pushing it for a non-quality brand. For more info about heat and power draw of a 390, take a look at this thread near the end.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/newguy-looking-advice-new-build-275667/
Ooohh i see. Mine is VP pro. Is 390 the same power consumption as 380? By the way thanks for a quick response.[emoji3]

MADNESSislikeGRAVITY

Yea, that's the value series of a value oriented brand. CWT makes the unit, but I wouldn't trust it. The 380 takes a lot less power.
I was thinking about strix 960 for an upgrafe because it consumes less power but when i saw gigabyte r9 380 that is same as the price of strix but have 4gb and only requires 1 8 pin i focused on r9. Maybe i ll buy the 2gb version of sapphire and buy a new psu. You think sir?

MADNESSislikeGRAVITY

If you're playing at 1080p the differences between the two cards are a couple FPS but the 960 consumes less power and puts off less heat. The VRAM doesn't make much of a difference unless you go higher than 1080p.

Back
Top Bottom