Building 1st PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

XkillerX

Solid State Member
Can you tell me if I should change anything on this system, or if you think its perfect the way it is. Thanks

Here

That mobo seems to have 4 DIMM slots (Dual Inline Memory Modules) so unless I were trying to run amazingly taxing programs, I would get 2 sticks of dual channel, 512 pc3200 DDR RAM, as you can get another two sticks of the same and get your system up to over 2 gigs of memory. For most programs, 1000 RAM is fine, so I think this should work. Two memory modules of half the capacity of one tend to work slightly faster also.

if you actually read what it says, he got the 2*512MB sticks....good choice. That memory is the bomb right now lol...wouldn't consider anything else unless it's OCZ (really they perform ~the same...no gain in OCZ i think).

i would opt for a 6600GT personally ~the same price, i do think they outperform the X700. but don't quote me on that...

I know it outperforms the x700, but I want the 256 MB, is the difference that great that it makes a huge impact, or is it just a little better.

I came across a different mobo, and I need your opinion. Should I stay with the ABIT AG8 or should I get the ABIT AA8

Also, can I use DDR memory on the AA8. The AA8 is DDR2.

XkillerX said:
I came across a different mobo, and I need your opinion. Should I stay with the ABIT AG8 or should I get the ABIT AA8

Also, can I use DDR memory on the AA8. The AA8 is DDR2.

i'm not sure if you can use DDR2 on a DDR board, i would jsut stay with the board you picked out first. unless someone has something great to say about the second one...

what exactly do you need the 256MB vid card for? Just want more memory or will you actually need it? More memory doesn't make it faster or anything as you probly know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom