Advice on buying more RAM

Seiam

Beta member
Hey guys,

My name is Sem and i'm looking for some help.
A few months ago, I bought a game called "H1Z1" and it's really awesome. But there is a problem, the game doesnt work completely lag-free and I do not think its because of my Processor or Graphics card. I have 4GB RAM and I think thats the problem. Most of the time it can not render crowded area's in the game, when I walk around in the game, for example in a small city or forest, it does not lag, but as soon as I get close to a big city with lots of people, the lag starts, and my FPS drop very much.

So, i've looked into buying new RAM for my laptop a bit, but my question now is: Will that work? If I upgrade my RAM to 8GB, will the lag disappear? Because I dont want to spend money on it and then afterwards, it didnt help.
And, how do I know which RAM card fits my Laptop? I've read about tools on the internet which can help me out with this.

I appreciate any help, if you need any more specifications about my laptop, I will react to your post as soon as possible. All I can tell you right now is that I have :
Intel i7 processor
NVIDIA GTX 780 graphics card
4 GB RAM

Thank you so much in advance.
Greetings,
Sem

If you have a laptop then you don't have desktop 780 which means it could very well have a lag issue from your GPU. Try turning down some settings first to see if the lag continues just to make sure. You can also monitor your RAM usage to see if it gets capped out from the beginning of the game or only if you get near the city.

What do you mean by "desktop 780"?
And how do I turn down some settings?
What I do most of the time is start task manager before the game and close any process which eats a lot of memory such as Google Chrome. The memory percentage is around 20-25% after that. But the lag is still there. Can I do anything about my GPU? Upgrade or something?

You said you have a laptop, and laptop GPUs aren't the same as a desktop GPU. They aren't as powerful, so in theory a GTX 780 for a desktop should run the game fine, but a GTX 780m might not.

To turn down settings you go into the game settings and turn down graphics options.

There is nothing you can do. You can upgrade your RAM but that's about it. Considering you already close out things before gaming you might want to anyways,

Alright, thank you. So, if I upgrade my RAM to 8GB, is that a significant change to my game experience? Aside of the Graphics card.
Just the regular "not renderring the crowded area's" problem. Because I dont mind playing a game on low settings, but its almost un-playable when I get lag and fps drops.

That's to be unseen. It could smooth it out or it might not. You need to use an OSD from eVGA or MSI Afterburner to see if your memory is completely full when this happens or not.

Back
Top Bottom