Restricted from replying!!

IIRC the HJT Analyze board is restricted to staff / upper-tier members (and the topic creator) so that novices aren't recommending removing things from HJT that shouldn't be removed (since you can mess up a system badly if you remove the wrong thing). Not necessarily saying you're a novice (since I don't know your posting history I can't say one way or the other :p) - but I believe that is the reason.

OK Thanks not a problem for me! I was just curious, as there are no restrictions on CF. I clean up PC's all the time here in my retirement village. I have my way which is similar to yours. MHO is that HJT is out dated but that's just my opinion.
Here's the way I deal with malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Root Kit
Adwcleaner
Malwarebytes Free
ESET on line scanner.
JRT
If that don't get it then maybe Combo Fix as a last resort before saving the data and restoring back to factory. It works for me, but I have the luxury of having the PC in front of me where I can see all the added tool bars and the snake oil programs and if there are more then one anti-virus. ECT
Thanks for your reply!
I will just watch and try to learn!
Gary!

OK Thanks not a problem for me! I was just curious, as there are no restrictions on CF. I clean up PC's all the time here in my retirement village. I have my way which is similar to yours. MHO is that HJT is out dated but that's just my opinion.
Here's the way I deal with malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Root Kit
Adwcleaner
Malwarebytes Free
ESET on line scanner.
JRT
If that don't get it then maybe Combo Fix as a last resort before saving the data and restoring back to factory. It works for me, but I have the luxury of having the PC in front of me where I can see all the added tool bars and the snake oil programs and if there are more then one anti-virus. ECT
Thanks for your reply!
I will just watch and try to learn!
Gary!

Mine is usually (in this order):
Go through Starup/msconfig list and remove any entries from AppData / odd applications (preferably in Safe Mode)
MBAM
AdwCleaner
TDSSKiller / Panda Antirootkit
HJT
If there's anything left, then ComboFix for stubborn infections
After that, an AV scan with Avira or Avast.

Usually takes out most malware I've seen.

Hi friend! Just wondering do you use this with HJT? Or is that a secret. Trying to learn things that will help me help the seniors here in my retirement village.
Thanks!
Gary!!
HijackThis Logfileauswertung

Yep, I use that to layout the logs in a more readable (for me at least) format - it also has the benefit of user-rankings. So for things I've never seen before and am unsure of but others have seen...it provides a nice glance. Log should be looked at closely of course and not just take those rankings and such to heart.

Thanks for your reply friend. I'm here to learn and pass forward. I'm learning new things here. Thank you for your kind reply. I'll just watch you and learn!!
There are a lot of on line scanners you can use.
My favorite is ESET on line scanner. It takes a long time to scan but IMHO it is the best one.
I have a good friend that likes Emsisoft! I guess it's who do you trust to get the job done?? MHO is that the trained malware hunters have had their day in the sun and are over rated these days
PS! I'll catch Hell for saying that! LOL
Gary!!
https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/

Last edited:
How many posts do I need to be able to send PM's?? I have tried several times and they are not allowed. Last PM was to Trotter. No cigars!!
Gary!!

You should have been able to send and receive once you registered. I have received some from you and I know I responded to a couple of them.

Hi Yes you have responded, but I don't see any in my send! It's probably a option I need to check!
Thanks!
Gary

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi Trotter! I found the option and ticked it! It should work now. Thank you!
Gary!!
The option won't stay ticked!!

Attachments

• Capture49.JPG
    Capture49.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom