The Big CPU Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan789

Baseband Member
Right now all my Specs are at the bottem. As you can see i am using an Athlon 2600XP+ I was looking around and saw a AMD Athlon 64 Bit 3200 cpu for about $230 (CAD)
I was wondering if i make this switch, am i really gonna notice a difference in games. Right now my games work fine I mainly play things like Battlefield, The Sims 2, UT2004, NFSU2 they all work fine with a small but playable amount of lag. Please help me out here. Thanks!

Have you tried overclocking? That may give you some insight as to what performance difference you will see.

At my startup screen i am currently running 166mhz @12.5
I have changed 166 to 200 when it restarts it shows my comp running at 2.4ghz but then it freezes and brings back default settings saying that there was a clock speed error

Overclocking his 2600+ wont get it to anywhere near what an Athlon 64 3200+ would get it. However, if you are going to get a CPU like that, you also need a good compatable mobo and some new DDR400 RAM would be nice if you want to get full functionality out of that CPU.

Well do you think i would be better off just getting a amd athlon Baston 3200? just because of its price

beedubaya said:
Overclocking his 2600+ wont get it to anywhere near what an Athlon 64 3200+ would get it. However, if you are going to get a CPU like that, you also need a good compatable mobo and some new DDR400 RAM would be nice if you want to get full functionality out of that CPU.

Bleh I thought he was talking about the Athlon 3200+ XP... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom