Viewing issue

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi Guys,

I have an asus x550za laptop that is a few weeks old. It has one hdmi female port to it. I am trying to connect a 3 way hdmi splitter with it. I attached the male end of the splitter to it and I am trying to add my tv and another monitor to it. I used one hdmi cable to hook my tv up to the 3-way splitter. I then used a vgi - hdmi converter to hook up my extra monitor to the 3-way hdmi splitter.

When I try to see if I can view what is on my laptop on my tv nothing appears. I try to select hdmi 2 on my tv to view it but it is grayed out. When I connect n=my hdmi cable directly to my tv i can select hdmi 2 and view what is on my laptop on my tv without issue.

Same goes for my other monitor. Cant see it on the splitter but when I set it up directly i can view it on the other monitor without issue.

What could be causing this issue? Could it be an issue with the splitter not being able to use on the laptop. I have tried 3 different ones with the same results. What am I doing wrong? Can this be accomplished what I am tring to do? Any help is appreciated.

thx

Does the splitter have a power cable with it? Or a port for one?

the hdmi switch/splitter has 1 hdmi output and 3 hdmi inputs with no other connections for a power cable. I wonder if this laptop allows this to do what i am trying to do?

thx

the hdmi switch/splitter has 1 hdmi output and 3 hdmi inputs with no other connections for a power cable. I wonder if this laptop allows this to do what i am trying to do?

thx

Check the splitter works by plugging it into your PC and attaching your monitor.

it dont but how do i know if laptop is capable of doing this as i have tried 3 different switches none has worked

Your laptop should be able to connect to your TV. If you say it's not working on your PC then it's broken. Just make sure you select the right source on your TV when laptop is connected and try duplicate your screen or extend it.

Your laptop should be able to connect to your TV. If you say it's not working on your PC then it's broken. Just make sure you select the right source on your TV when laptop is connected and try duplicate your screen or extend it.

hdmi - usb adapter did the trick.

Back
Top Bottom