Upgrades on Satellite C55D-A5392

Spidercat

Beta member
I would like to replace the internals of my Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5392 laptop. It's a decent computer, but I would like to upgrade it to a better motherboard/cpu/gpu. If anyone could tell me if I am able to replace said parts, that would be awesome!

Nope, you can't upgrade laptops like you can a desktop. You're limited to RAM and the HDD and in some cases you can't upgrade anything but that's rare.

Nope, you can't upgrade laptops like you can a desktop. You're limited to RAM and the HDD and in some cases you can't upgrade anything but that's rare.
Thanks! I'm kinda sad though...is there any way I could build a laptop like a desktop? I like the portability but I want the power.

Thanks! I'm kinda sad though...is there any way I could build a laptop like a desktop? I like the portability but I want the power.
You will always have to sacrifice power to be mobile. Especially in the GPU side of things. That is unless you can make your own stuff from scratch.

Are there any good tutorials for making a case? I know how difficult that would be though.
Well think about it. You have to cad up your own design, design around size and thermals, figure out how to use desktop parts without making it way too big, then integrate the rest of the internals, then take it to a metal shop to make your design and if it fails start from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom