Gaming PC stolen, gotta improvise

Thanks for the replies guys, i used your advice and am able to purchase a GTX 970/i5 4590 3.3 GHz build from my local MicroCenter. I just need to figure out a monitor somehow lol!

Yeah agreed, if you can afford an Intel CPU with more than 4 threads then buy Intel. If you can't, buy AMD...

GTX970 will take pretty much whatever 1080p gaming you throw at it, the GTX960 would be a bit less capable but substantially cheaper. I wouldn't recommend any AMD graphics cards at all unless you get a top-end one on a ridiculously cheap deal.

PSU - As mentioned, go for the Seasonic, The EVGA Supernova PSUs aren't too bad either.

Memory - 8GB of the cheap stuff

Motherboard - Cheapest board which has the relevant socket really, with reviews to suggest it's fairly reliable.

Or buy your own PC back when it comes up on Ebay... (sorry, couldn't resist it)

Yeah agreed, if you can afford an Intel CPU with more than 4 threads then buy Intel. If you can't, buy AMD...

GTX970 will take pretty much whatever 1080p gaming you throw at it, the GTX960 would be a bit less capable but substantially cheaper. I wouldn't recommend any AMD graphics cards at all unless you get a top-end one on a ridiculously cheap deal.

PSU - As mentioned, go for the Seasonic, The EVGA Supernova PSUs aren't too bad either.

Memory - 8GB of the cheap stuff

Motherboard - Cheapest board which has the relevant socket really, with reviews to suggest it's fairly reliable.

Or buy your own PC back when it comes up on Ebay... (sorry, couldn't resist it)
Nah, never. If you can't afford at least an i3 then I'd just save up more cash.

From my last experience with a 960 it pretty much maxes out most games at 1080p with a solid frame rate. I was pretty impressed and the absolute maximum GPU temperature was 70c.

Nah, never. If you can't afford at least an i3 then I'd just save up more cash.

From my last experience with a 960 it pretty much maxes out most games at 1080p with a solid frame rate. I was pretty impressed and the absolute maximum GPU temperature was 70c.

Lol yeah, you have a point...

Oh really? I've been thinking about getting a solid upgrade for a GTX650Ti and I was hoping they'd release a 960Ti or something... but I might just be impatient and get the 960... :D

Yea the last PC I built was based around a 4690k and an eVGA 960. I know its performance is around a 680/770 so wasn't expecting much but I was genuinely impressed with how much power they crammed in that card with such minimal power draw and heat output.

Back
Top Bottom