need to buy a new laptop battery

bigdan

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I need to buy a new laptop battery. What's the approx cost? Online I'm seeing prices as low as in the 30s while when I called my standard computer store they said 85-125. Second hand is fine as long as its a good option.

The computer model is HP Laptop, Pavilion g4

Is there a preferred website to buy these things from? I'm in Canada until the 18th (well, its for my Dad and he's here til then) so I can order something online but probably dont have much time to spare.

Thanks!
Dan

The cheaper ones are going to be cheap, Chinese off-brand ones. The higher cost ones will be OEM batteries. As for the price quote the store gave you, remember they're factoring in overhead and an added % for profit...so $40-60 for an OEM would be more likely.

Check Amazon and eBay firstly I'd say. You could also always check HP's website on their Part Store to see if they sell batteries separately for your model of laptop - otherwise Amazon/eBay will be your best bet. Just watch for where it's shipping from - some will be shipping from China and take a month to get here.

Back
Top Bottom