Mechanical keyboard without numpad - is this accessable?

Mohawkje

Beta member
Hi all :),

I have been thinking about getting a mechanical keyboard, but the one I want to buy has no numpad. I have a G600 mouse from logitech and I have bound my numpad numbers 1-9 to the buttons on that mouse, which I could do by turning on the numlock (they are entered as num-1, num-2 ect.). Since the keyboard I want to purchase does not have such numpad-numbers, can I still bind these numbers? Can I "access" these numbers without actually having a keyboard for it? I am asking just in case I want to re-bind them or for the case I have to re-install the binding-program. Also: will the numpad numbers still "exist" when I install such a keyboard without numpad?

Thanks in advance :),

Kind regards,

Mohawkje

Darn good question. I use a mechanical keyboard w/o a numpad but never really thought about it.

Yes you should still be able to bind those to your mouse. Windows doesn't necessarily care if there's explicit hardware to sent those keycodes - it should response to the numpad numbers being pressed correctly if mapped to the buttons on your mouse.

Thanks for the quick response!
Is it also possible, should the event occur I will have to re-map the keys, to map these with a non-numpad keyboard (binding numpad keys)? Or should I keep a numpad keyboard as a reserve to do this?

Thanks for the quick response!
Is it also possible, should the event occur I will have to re-map the keys, to map these with a non-numpad keyboard (binding numpad keys)? Or should I keep a numpad keyboard as a reserve to do this?

You could always use the Virtual / On-Screen keyboard to do this, which will have a numpad on it. Then there's no hardware required :).

Back
Top Bottom