Which system to choose?

Vendetta1

Baseband Member
@ Experts @ PP Mguire

I have the option to get any one PC from the following two (both available on same cost). Which one from the following should I take? I already have Graphic Card which I will use with the PC whichever I get.

Option 1#
DELL PRECISION T3400 TOWER
INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME 3.0GHZ
4GB DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA Hard Disk
INTEL X38 EXPRESS CHIPSET

Option 2
HP ELITE 8100 DESKTOP
INTEL CORE i3 530 2.93GHZ
4GB DDR3 RAM
160GB SATA Hard Disk
INTEL® Q55 EXPRESS CHIPSET

Please advise me accordingly. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Re: Your CPU and modern games: A guide to those building.

Actually I didn't get " i3 rig". Did you mean I go for HP Elite with i3? Some people are confusing me by saying that "core 2 extreme" has 4 cores and is more powerful than i3? What you say? Thanks for your time.

Actually I didn't get " i3 rig". Did you mean I go for HP Elite with i3? Some people are confusing me by saying that "core 2 extreme" has 4 cores and is more powerful than i3? What you say? Thanks for your time.
Well, obviously.

It depends on what model the Core 2 rig is. Only problem being, if it's a quad it's going to basically be maxed as it's configured. The i3 setup can at least handle an i5 750 later which is more capable for gaming than the Core 2. Again it just depends on the model in question. Also, DDR3 is cheaper in large quantities by quite a bit.

I think that needs a thread of its own so we can keep this sticky clean. It's still pretty relevant until maybe Zen.

Back
Top Bottom