Replace my case! (poll for chasis replacement)

Replace My case!

• Corsair Carbide Spec-03 "Bane" case

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corsair Graphite Series 230T Orange

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Zalman Z3 Plus

• InWin GT1

• Enermax Ostrog GT

• Other

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
If you look at my sig, You can see that I have that exact case. Hence why I recommend it. So yes I have extensive experience with it. As for refirbs from Newegg, yep... any chance I can get to get something a little cheaper and have the same Newegg warranty, I'll take it. as for out of price range... It's worth it to save up a little more to get it IMHO.

Well I will consider the refirbished, as there is a shipping charge with the non refirbished version thus bumping the cost up more from its $90 basis.
If its availible refurbished at the time of my purchase it is in my consideration

Well panel flex I can ignore, hell I argue panel flex is a good thing if you do a lot of maintenance as it allows the panels to come off more easily and if i get a dent I am not going to cry about it.
Hell with my current case the only thing that went was the front bezel and the hard drive bay cover mesh, the side metal and motherboard tray metal are mostly intact.
As for airflow I know it has to be there in lower end builds, I have seen some good scores online come from lower end cases.
I really dont mind if my motherboard has rubber grommets or not, its is a budget build so seeing some of my cabling is no big fuss.
Yes cable management is a concern of mine but you be surprised what i did with this machine before I had to replace its motherboard, and this is a case with no cable management whatsoever I had to get inventive for it.
This is in the end a mid range build, on one hand its not the most fancy setup in the universe nor the highest end I dont even have overclocking on my CPU.
But on the other hand my hardware is just good enough to keep up with most modern games with some minor flexibility considering i went with a intel 1155 socket setup, a non overclocking mobo or CPU.
I just know that after nearly five years I beat the crap out of the case, and there were times the more flexible metals came in handy.
Again this cases big issue is its front panel and bezel due to the wear and tear, the other is some paint scratched off but again thats after years of wear and tear.

How are Neweggs refirbs? I never got anything refirb from them before.
At full price that case is just out of range (plus shipping) so I do have to ask if you have experience with it
Well, I meant chassis flex. As in the whole thing lol. Obviously cheaper cases are going to be made with cheaper metals, but after building a lot of rigs with cases like the Source 210, Corsair 200r, and *shutter* Rosewill insert name here I have taken a liking to a more premium feel.

Then again, they don't make cases like they used to *tear*. My 30 dollar Raidmax Scorpio from 2003 is still kicking with 0 issues besides a bit of rust. Thing is a TANK and even broke 2 Dremel tips. I will say light cases are great for LANs though.

As to previous comments about NZXT, I can't really agree with these guys. I think their quality lately is absolutely terrible but I suppose working with 6 of their cases maybe I've just had 100% bad luck? Most recent being the H440.

Well are there any cases in my price range that you would think would be built at least somewhat decently? Again when you're on a budget you have to work with what you have available.
I will be stretching my budget as thin as I can but I can only do so much before my budget snaps and crumbling underneath my financial obligations. That's why I kept my pricing with an 80 dollar limit as any more than that I would really start worrying about where I'm going to get money for other things such as food and paying the bills. My situation would be much better if I didn't have to replace my motherboard and processor but since that occurred during the hottest months of summer and my electrical bill being quite high I have to work within the budget I have or I will start bumping into bills I would normally be able to handle but due to the extra expenses I had to pay I do have a budget cap to ensure that things get paid when they should and I have money left in the bank account to pay for other bills.

Last edited:
Well the thing is I am actually very good at managing my budget, I can do this sort of thing and be fine but at the same time I got to watch what I spend.
The thing is my current case really cant take much more, the front bezel is really just attaching out of sheer luck now with only the drive bay to really hold it in and I did intend on replacing it anyway due to that fact.
Now can I technically go over $80? Yes I can as if I played my cards right I could go into that $100 case sweet spot.
I am just more concerned with other things right now, at the time I plan on doing this I could be a lot more better off depending on how things are arranged.
But right now I am just seeing if i can do it with the budget I gave, I am just being cautious right now.
This topic is more for fun, but at the same time I am willing to see if there is something else out there that can fit into my budget without killing me.
There are other cases on the side I am looking into, the bitfenix shinobi can be found on NCIX at a reasonable $60 right now but it will go back up to $80 before I can afford it
There is the Fractal Design Core 2500 which is currently $74
And there is the define R4 a case I can deal with at $80 but like I said I dont like its door swings the wrong way for my setup.

I wish it was that simple but there is no place for me to put a zip tie in on the front panel just a plastic clip that broke I can't use velcro either as the surface between the bezel and the front of my case is very uneven

Its a InWin Griffin, a case no longer produced .
I got its yellow varient as it stood out:

csiwgriffinyel.jpg

Back
Top Bottom