Battery help!!!

nheppeard

Baseband Member
Hi guys I have the new origin eon17x and it's powerful as crap, but battery life suffers. I know I will have this plugged in any time I am gaming but is there any way to increase battery life besides little gimmicky ways like turn down brightness and what not? That's pretty much a Given. Any help is appreciated...

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Customize the advanced power settings.

LImit CPU/cooling usage. If your system has Optimus, that will help save battery as well since it will switch off the dedicated GPU when not in use. Also, make sure you keep it cool - heat kills batteries (not just %-wise while using it, but actually kills the cells and makes less usable, decreasing the overall health of the battery).

There isn't a whole lot to do besides the basic stuff to prolong battery life in a gaming laptop.

Why don't they make big *** batteries? Like I wouldn't care about the bulk sometimes if I really needed it. My laptop was pretty expensive and I don't want to use a separate one for college :(

Why don't they make big *** batteries? Like I wouldn't care about the bulk sometimes if I really needed it. My laptop was pretty expensive and I don't want to use a separate one for college :(

I've always thought the same. Gaming/workhorse laptops should have average batteries by default, but with the option for much larger batteries.

In a couple of years when USB Type C is much more prevalent, I can see external battery chargers (much like those that exist for phones) becoming common for laptops.

I've always thought the same. Gaming/workhorse laptops should have average batteries by default, but with the option for much larger batteries.

In a couple of years when USB Type C is much more prevalent, I can see external battery chargers (much like those that exist for phones) becoming common for laptops.
Hopefully ypur right. I feel like batteries should he way Better than they are right now...

sent from Spartaknight

Hopefully ypur right. I feel like batteries should he way Better than they are right now...

sent from Spartaknight

Battery tech is difficult to develop. We've been on Lithium based batteries for quite some time now, which are expensive because it's a rare element and expensive to process.

There's lots of ongoing experimental ideas, such as aluminum-based batteries that use carbon between 2 thin sheets of aluminum, which makes a flexible/quickly charging battery. The problem they have with it is that it doesn't quite push out the same voltage.

Battery tech is difficult to develop. We've been on Lithium based batteries for quite some time now, which are expensive because it's a rare element and expensive to process.

There's lots of ongoing experimental ideas, such as aluminum-based batteries that use carbon between 2 thin sheets of aluminum, which makes a flexible/quickly charging battery. The problem they have with it is that it doesn't quite push out the same voltage.
Well I have been reading about different battery technology, and I'm excited for the future. I mean I know they have been coming up with better charging techniques for phones like type c and what not, but I won't use my laptop off the power supply much anyway. Still my eon17x gets about 2hrs and 15 min max with only light Web browsing :(.

sent from Spartaknight

Turn your brightness down, go into Advanced Power Settings and fine tune settings for the "On Battery" sections of the settings.

That said, if it's a powerful machine it's going to suck juice like crazy, so nothing you can really do about that. All gaming laptops pretty much have to be married to a wall outlet if using them. I can at least get 3hrs or so on battery with my GT70 when doing normal browsing tasks.

Yeah I figured that. If I go anywhere there is a battery boost mode it says but I have a 375 watt power converter for the car lol

sent from Spartaknight

Back
Top Bottom