Screen upgrade

nheppeard

Baseband Member
My question is about upgrading laptop screens. I have the jew origin eon17x and I was wondering is it possible to upgrade the screen later on or so. I wouldnt know where to start on this??

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Depends on the size and connections.

Isn't it already a high-end screen? Why are you wanting to replace it?

Um no, but I heard there's a lot better... I don't care to change it now just curious. I paid to have it professionaly calculated or whatever

By "professionally calculated" do you mean color calibrated? That's usually done with an external device.

Yeah my phone auto corrected that for some reason. Origin did it. I guess if I wanted to I could just buy a monitor that's better resolution if I wanted. Hey one more question. I'm just assuming because I don't know. This laptop I can upgrade the cpu and gpu in the future. When new processors come out their usually more energy efficient and more powerful. So my setup should theoretically be able to handle an upgraded processor in like two years or so?? I mean I know I can't put a huge desktop processor in it but something. It has the 4790k now so I'm good.

Yeah my phone auto corrected that for some reason. Origin did it. I guess if I wanted to I could just buy a monitor that's better resolution if I wanted. Hey one more question. I'm just assuming because I don't know. This laptop I can upgrade the cpu and gpu in the future. When new processors come out their usually more energy efficient and more powerful. So my setup should theoretically be able to handle an upgraded processor in like two years or so?? I mean I know I can't put a huge desktop processor in it but something. It has the 4790k now so I'm good.

If it's supported by the socket on the board and supported by the BIOS on the board then yes you can upgrade it.

If it's supported by the socket on the board and supported by the BIOS on the board then yes you can upgrade it.
It has the lga 1150 socket. Idk if that's something that will be used for a good while or even how often they upgrade the sockets they use... Is this something that should be fine for a good while??

All I'm really reading is you want to upgrade all this stuff on a laptop you don't even have yet. Should have just canceled the order and went with a desktop.

It has the lga 1150 socket. Idk if that's something that will be used for a good while or even how often they upgrade the sockets they use... Is this something that should be fine for a good while??

Oh I know it sounds like that I just like knowing what you can do with it. I'm sure I'll be pretty happy for a good while...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom