A possible memory leak

liojim

Solid State Member
Hi guys,
I am new to the forum and I think it's a really great one. My problem is that my pc sometimes starts with about 33% ram (I have 8gb ram), but I don't have something to start at boot. This doesn't happen all the time, but the times the pc starts normally, ( with about 10%ram ), ram increases as long the pc is opened, without running something heavy. At first I thought I had a virus, but after several scans from many anti-viruses I couldn't find anything. That's all!!! I hope you understood my problem and I wait for your advices as well as possible sollutions!:)

Thanks in advance

Post the rest of your specs please. If your system is a prebuilt, post the brand/model as well.

What OS are you running? Have you checked the startup items to cut down what's coming up on startup? What kind of applications are you running that you say is taking up a lot of memory?

Just curious can someone tell me what super fetch cache is??

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

It's a technology that manages and monitors ram use, so if you use 5 program's a lot, instead of using the Hdd to start the processes on boot, it allocates the right about of ram for them all and this boost performance. As an ssd is fast, there is no need for this technology.

Maybe somebody can explain better

Are you using a ssd or hdd? Sdd have super fetch disabled by default (no need to explain why) :cool:
THey don't actually, it's a Windows service that needs to be disabled.

It's a technology that manages and monitors ram use, so if you use 5 program's a lot, instead of using the Hdd to start the processes on boot, it allocates the right about of ram for them all and this boost performance. As an ssd is fast, there is no need for this technology.

Maybe somebody can explain better
This is close. It's a Windows service that monitors program use and caches parts of the most used programs in RAM for faster program start up.

Last edited:
Are you using a ssd or hdd? Sdd have super fetch disabled by default (no need to explain why) :cool:
By default? No it doesn't - only if you disable it manually, or run the SSD software's program to "optimize" usage or something similar. I keep SuperFetch on even with my SSD. RAM is still faster than SSD accessing - that's why a RAMDisk is still faster than an SSD.

Just curious can someone tell me what super fetch cache is??

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Superfetch was introduced with Vista and continued with Win7 and on. Basically what it is, is the OS learns your most used programs and pre-loads them into RAM so that launching them is faster when you close/re-open the application.

If the OS needs the memory space that was pre-allocated to SuperFetch, then it will simply clear that used space and allocate that newly freed up space to the program(s) requesting memory space.

Edit: Ninja'd by PP.

By default? No it doesn't - only if you disable it manually, or run the SSD software's program to "optimize" usage or something similar. I keep SuperFetch on even with my SSD. RAM is still faster than SSD accessing - that's why a RAMDisk is still faster than an SSD.

Superfetch was introduced with Vista and continued with Win7 and on. Basically what it is, is the OS learns your most used programs and pre-loads them into RAM so that launching them is faster when you close/re-open the application.

If the OS needs the memory space that was pre-allocated to SuperFetch, then it will simply clear that used space and allocate that newly freed up space to the program(s) requesting memory space.

Edit: Ninja'd by PP.
Oh I can add more to that, Chrome uses can let Chrome run in the background so Windows can't wipe it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom