waht do you guys think of this power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey gagemw
the xaser V looks good, what is the power supply like
is it an original 420 watt thermaltake, or some otherbrand thrown in

i am not sure about the antec 1080 or the xaser V

the Xaser V has got killer looks

eh, hmm, link does't work but ya it's original, go to the pictures, one with the thermaltake sticker on back of PSU, its definately an original thermal :)

rookie1010 said:
thanks for all the info

another newbie question
whgat is this dual buffered thing

do you mean to say you will get more performance out of two sticks of 512 MB then out of 1 stick of 1 GB

dual buffer? where its written? guide me to it.

or are u talkkng about dual channel? (which i believe is dual channel u are asking about)

well in this case YES, 2 X 512 are better than 1 X 1GB (as if the motherboard suports dual channel, which every mobo since dec 2002)

if u r on single channel (1 stick) then your typical data transfer rate will remain the same, whilst in dual channel, not only your memory amount increases, also your data transfer rates doubles. but you got to install 2 identical sticks of rams on a dual channel motehrboard to activate its dual channel capability

hey blind what's that mean in ur sig?

"Creative Inspire 5.1 5700 Digital <----- Few More Days Left With Me, I have in mind what is to be next, until a cheap pair will do the job"

does that mean ur gettin rid of them? i'll take'em :p

yes i'm getting rid of them :) but this means that they'll remain in my home, but attached to other PC (AMD Athlon) as currently I#'ve another set of speakers 5.1 packard bell attached to them which are actually now going to my friends, and i take utmost care of my things, so want them to remain in my house, so will attach to other pc.

after them, I have Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1 this time in mind casue i'm getting many many good reviews of that. also they have headphone port , and this 5700 inpire hasnt got anything alike (-ve point)

I give away spares to the needy ones. provided I have spares,whihc currently not, as I have stopped buying and testing products, and started buying trusted products. which seldom are given away to others, like this creative 5700. its awesome sound system still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom