network card not working?

Okay.

The cable is totally unrelated to the WiFi card. The problem is with the WiFi card.

You've tested the WiFi card by fitting it into another PC, it worked. The WiFi card is detected fine in your current PC but doesn't connect to the network properly, this indicates the motherboard is functioning correctly. The problem is likely a software fault.

You may already have the latest drivers, but they could be corrupt, so you need to uninstall them and try reinstalling them. If this doesn't work then it's indicating that the WiFi settings are incorrect for some reason or there is software on the machine clashing with the WiFi drivers.

Either way, the problem is with the software.

Okay.

The cable is totally unrelated to the WiFi card. The problem is with the WiFi card.

You've tested the WiFi card by fitting it into another PC, it worked. The WiFi card is detected fine in your current PC but doesn't connect to the network properly, this indicates the motherboard is functioning correctly. The problem is likely a software fault.

You may already have the latest drivers, but they could be corrupt, so you need to uninstall them and try reinstalling them. If this doesn't work then it's indicating that the WiFi settings are incorrect for some reason or there is software on the machine clashing with the WiFi drivers.

Either way, the problem is with the software.

We've tried to explain this to him many times :cool:

When I said

Yeah, I'm certain I have the right driver.

I was implying that I had already tried uninstalling and rolling back the driver. Anyways I'm pretty sure the wifi settings are correct, so it must be some software conflict.

Back
Top Bottom