M.2 Sata help.

In simple drivers are just a piece of software that helps your OS communicate with the hardware better. In terms of video cards the companies tweak their drivers to help improve performance in games and fix bugs as software progresses.

Couldn't have said it better.

A recent practical example is when the game "GTA V" was released. Nvidia had to release a new driver at this point, as for some reason, using the old drivers caused the game to lag and perform badly (even for those people with GTX980s etc).

It would have some sort of link with the drivers yes. But it's fundamentally reliant on the graphics card hardware, the monitor, and the interface you use between the two.

It's a key part though, if you have anything incompatible from the following then G-SYNC won't work: Video card, monitor, drivers

I bought the new version of the origin eon17x but I didn't get the g sync. Might as well wait a while.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Gsync runs off a module that is installed on the monitor. I believe on laptops they are running some form of fake software version.

I wouldn't worry too much about gsync. It needs to mature on a software level.

Back
Top Bottom