Druid

Fully Optimized
Why are these allowed? They are so annoying. It's hard to even read a thread with a user with one that post frequently. Most people don't use them, but it only takes one regular user to make the forum experience worse for the rest of us. This can't be helping site traffic. Why not just ban it?

I don't want to call anyone out, but there is really only one guy. If you don't read the sections he posts in, you wouldn't notice it.

So much for not calling anyone out (when its just one person). I post it many sections, whats wrong with my avatar? :cool: I know only one other guy who has it. are you that distracted by it? I find it easy to read threads...

Last edited:
I don't want to call anyone out, but there is really only one guy. If you don't read the sections he posts in, you wouldn't notice it.

Oh I've seen it, but I've never noticed that it causes a problem to me reading a topic. If it's one guy then you should've just PM'd him and made your issues clear.

I've never had an issue with animated avatars either...pretty much every forum has had them I've ever gone to...

If it bothers you that much:

User CP -> on the left panel under 'Settings and Options' -> Edit Options -> Scroll down to "Thread Display Options" -> uncheck "Show Avatars" -> Scroll to the bottom and save.

Voila - no annoyance.

If you don't want to do that, then install an ad-blocker extension in your browser, and add the image to your blacklist. Pretty much all ad-blocker extensions have this capability.

So much for not calling anyone out (when its just one person). I post it many sections, whats wrong with my avatar? :cool: I know only one other guy who has it. are you that distracted by it? I find it easy to read threads...

Very Distracted. No offense to you, but I find that particular one a bit unnerving actually. They are all distracting though.

Oh I've seen it, but I've never noticed that it causes a problem to me reading a topic. If it's one guy then you should've just PM'd him and made your issues clear.

Nah man. If some random dude on the internet tells you they don't like your avatar and tells you you should change it, are you gonna do it? I wouldn't. I would laugh at that guy. Even if he did change it, the ability is still here, so people will still do it in the future and the problem remains.

I've never had an issue with animated avatars either...pretty much every forum has had them I've ever gone to...

If it bothers you that much:

User CP -> on the left panel under 'Settings and Options' -> Edit Options -> Scroll down to "Thread Display Options" -> uncheck "Show Avatars" -> Scroll to the bottom and save.

Voila - no annoyance.

If you don't want to do that, then install an ad-blocker extension in your browser, and add the image to your blacklist. Pretty much all ad-blocker extensions have this capability.

Can we get an option added to just not show gif avatars? I'll try your ad-blocker solution.

Back
Top Bottom