Gateway Floppy Drive Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnowNothing

In Runtime
Ok, it all started a while back when I was much stupider than I am now. I didnt need the cd nor floppy drive on this pc so I removed the power supply cables from them so that my pc wouldnt overheat. Anyways, dont get to much into that because its not important, I removed 3 cables, the power supplies to both the cd and floppy drives, and also an additional cable which is labeled "P6" and is purple and black. I returned the power supplies to the drives and the cd drive works fine now. But, the floppy seems dead, the power supply is hooked up and everything but the P6 is not, the problem is that Im not sure where that cable goes, Ive forgotten, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this because I really...Really need this fixed.
Thanks in advanced,
Knownothing.:( :( :(

In addition to that, I cant see anywhere that P6 can go on the floppy drive, although I know that it goes to it...

Ive hooked up the main power supply cable, the P6 is also a power supply cable, it was connected to the floppy along with a bigger power supply cable.

Ok, I've semi-fixed the problem, I pressed in the main power supply cable and now the drive lights up. But now, when I went to test it, it will not read the disk, at all, it would ask me to formatt it, then I formatt it and it says unable to formatt, I'm sure its that P6 cable which I need inserted somewhere, although Im not sure where...

uh? im looking at my floppy inside case right now, and i have no idea what ur talking about, no "p6" cable runs to floppy in my sys. :confused:

are ur data cables in Grey color or in black?

if they are grey (with a thin red line on side) then the data cable should be inserted in such a way that its on the far left (if u r facing floppy's back)

also check the connectors on the motherboard. watch closely, whree its written 0 near to the floppy datacable conector, keep that red side towards 0.

The cable is small, it has a black and grey cable hooking to a white head, with three holes for three prongs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom