ARK

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
A friend now has a server so I decided to spend the $25 and give it a try, It's actually pretty good, Kind of like Rust, DayZ stand alone all wrapped into one with its own fun factors built in, Getting attacked with PvP doesn't seem to be much of a issue because the environment is tough enough to survive and your bound to get attacked if your attacking so all people I have come across seem pretty friendly and warn you of what is lurking from the direction they came. Navigating the map is a bit tough though and the environment is very ummm unfriendly to say the least. Should be a fun game, just hoping to survive it lol.

Dauntae

I'm waiting for it to either leave Early Access or get further into development. My wife and I got burned by The Stomping Land, so we're more careful about that stuff now.

@Omo: suck it console pleb :p.

@Omo: suck it console pleb :p.

LOL, I get the getting burned on a game like that, This one seems the most complete as far as all the early access games I've played, Seems the biggest changes I'm seeing is the types of dyno's and changes to details in the game like what will spawn in what you could consider air drops.

Very close to purchasing this game myself. A few coworkers are playing it on a dedicated server and i'm probably going to purchase it myself. Looks fun - definitely looks like a big time suck though.

definitely looks like a big time suck though.

^
This is exactly why I didnt get it. Besides when it comes to survival games H1z1 is on the steam market now so they have a nice, steady income. Their updates have been amazing recently so i'm totally satisfied in the survival genre

I find it difficult to play these games for a substantial amount of time and still find them enjoyable. I have about 60+ hours on Rust and H1Z1 (I played when they first came out) and have hardly touched them since. In order to have a good time its almost vital to have at least one friend to play with, as most players on the game will kill you as soon as they see you and it's difficult to find players that are willing to accept you into their "group". You also have to dedicate quite a lot of time into survival games like these, you pretty much have to log in every day and check on things or your base will more than likely be destroyed or raided. I haven't played ARK, but from what I've seen its much like the other popular survival games other than its unique content. If you want to play a game like this, be sure you're ready to dedicate some time and effort. Also, don't forget to bring a friend!

Last edited:
I find it difficult to play these games for a substantial amount of time and still find them enjoyable. I have about 60+ hours on Rust and H1Z1 (I played when they first came out) and have hardly touched them since. In order to have a good time its almost vital to have at least one friend to play with, as most players on the game will kill you as soon as they see you and it's difficult to find players that are willing to accept you into their "group". You also have to dedicate quite a lot of time into survival games like these, you pretty much have to log in every day and check on things or your base will more than likely be destroyed or raided. I haven't played ARK, but from what I've seen its much like the other popular survival games other than its unique content. If you want to play a game like this, be sure you're ready to dedicate some time and effort. Also, don't forget to bring a friend!

For h1z1 i found friends by using the server search function in mumble and teamspeak. I found that more often than not people in groups don't use in-game chat so i used teamspeak to get in their server and talk to them, find out which server they're playing on, and join up with them. At one time in h1z1 we had 13 people raiding together. We all skinned our closthes the same so we wouldn't get confused who is who and it was a freaking blast.

Hopefully that helps you find people to play with in any game :)

Back
Top Bottom