Lenovo laptop internet issues (card going bad?)

So did you ever try connect with Ethernet cable? if so what was the performance..

Are you using your laptop at a different location than usual in your house? have you opened up your laptop recently to change hardware or the drive? maybe you nipped the antenna cables..

what range are all your devices using 2.4 or 5ghz? or is it mixed?

*UPDATE* So I've created a wifi hotspot on my phone to test my card, and I am now getting a 45 mbs download speed. It seems as though it may be my ISP. I am using Comcast and they've been spotty lately. Thanks for all the help so far and I'll continue to keep everyone updated.

*UPDATE* So I've created a wifi hotspot on my phone to test my card, and I am now getting a 45 mbs download speed. It seems as though it may be my ISP. I am using Comcast and they've been spotty lately. Thanks for all the help so far and I'll continue to keep everyone updated. -------

So did you ever try connect with Ethernet cable? if so what was the performance..

Are you using your laptop at a different location than usual in your house? have you opened up your laptop recently to change hardware or the drive? maybe you nipped the antenna cables..

what range are all your devices using 2.4 or 5ghz? or is it mixed?

You said all your other devices are fine, so I would rule out ISP as it would affect your whole house.. did you read my post above?

You said all your other devices are fine, so I would rule out ISP as it would affect your whole house.. did you read my post above?

It's more likely that there's an incompatibility between his laptop and the Comcast gateway. I've run into that exact issue several times with the Comcast gateways over the past year or so. I've not seen the issue with the Technicolor gateways that they use, though, so you may want to ask Comcast for one of those if they have them available in your area.

Also, you need to check what type of encryption is being used on the Comcast gateway. If it's using, for instance, WPA/WPA2 mixed, then change it to WPA2 only. Let us know what you turn up.

Turns out it was an ISP issue. Gave Comcast a call and all is well now. Thanks for the help guys.

Turns out it was an ISP issue. Gave Comcast a call and all is well now. Thanks for the help guys.

Good to hear... quite surprised none of your other devices didn't have issues? find that hard to believe... But ok :cool:

Good to hear... quite surprised none of your other devices didn't have issues? find that hard to believe... But ok :cool:
The internet was really spotty for everyone apparently. I just wasn't informed. When we ran the test on another laptop, it just happened to be decent at the time.

Back
Top Bottom