Word filter

Joe C

Golden Master
Why are members here allowed to use words about the mentally handicapped in such a derogatory manner? Many people find that use of the word "retarded" to be insulting to those with disabilities when it's used in an offensive manner.

The word filter is currently pretty much disabled, last I heard.

Last edited:
The word filter is enabled, just tried a few swear words and a few were blocked.

I could say plenty of offensive things that aren't linked to any single word, besides, the word "retard" has multiple meanings, so to block it would actually stop you from typing the innocent implementations of it. For example, if the timings on something are retarded etc...

Last edited:
Why are members here allowed to use words about the mentally handicapped in such a derogatory manner? Many people find that use of the word "retarded" to be insulting to those with disabilities when it's used in an offensive manner.

There are many proper words that can be used in a derogatory manner. I would suggest that you report the post if it offends you.

eh...
I've had several posts deleted.
I'm giving up, At least they could provide us the common courtesy to tell us that we are being deleted/edited and why.

Yeah, I've got no problem with my posts being deleted as long as I receive some sort of private message to say why it was deleted...

My comment didn't even infringe any forum rules, and it wasn't morally wrong either... mod? Please explain?

Just like you saying "retard" is offensive, insinuating other members "hillbilly rednecks" is just flamebait waiting to happen and unnecessary.

@cb600: Your post was deleted because it was a quote of his post and following the train.

Back
Top Bottom