Dell Optiplex 745 USFF Multiple Monitors

IntelFanboy417

In Runtime
Hello all! Recently I picked up one of those small, Dell optiplex 745 USFF computers. The specs were alright, its got a core 2 duo and came with no HDD and no RAM, I recently upgraded to a 1 TB hard drive and 4 GB of RAM, and its been running great! My only problem is I enjoy using (enjoy is an understatement) multiple monitors.

The motherboard, being USFF (Ultra Small Form Factor) dosen't have any PCI ports as you can see in the photo, and only one DVI port on the back.

IMG_2985.JPG

Any suggestions as to what I could possibly do when it comes to adding another monitor or two? I've done my research but it seems like without PCIe PCI and the like ports on the board for a graphics card its going to be hard.

I'm really not too good with hardware, so is it possible there are other alternatives out there when it comes to adding a graphics card to this machine?

Thank you in advance :)

A bit SOL I'd say as far as adding multiple monitors.

DVI drives 1 display, and there's no other video outputs on it. If it had DisplayPort then yeah you could drive multiple displays through the 1 port.

A bit SOL I'd say as far as adding multiple monitors.

DVI drives 1 display, and there's no other video outputs on it. If it had DisplayPort then yeah you could drive multiple displays through the 1 port.

Was afraid of that. Thanks for your input, maybe its time to just get a bigger DVI monitor :p

Was about to suggest what PP said, but, don't expect those USB to Video adapters to be AMAZING, not meant for gaming or anything beefy, just an extra display for basic tasks.

Thank you guys for the input, will definitely look into those USB based video cards. Not expecting the world from them, but hey for every day uses should be alright.

Thanks again for the input :)

Back
Top Bottom