Could us some advice on my eon17x 2015

nheppeard

Baseband Member
So I just had origin make me the new eon17x with the i 7 4790k, gtx 980m, and two ssd's (tb and a half). I also overstocked it. This thing is a power house and I can't wait to game in ultra settings :). My question is I forgot to add their extra thermal compound stuff.... I know these laptops are supposed to handle heat well with the larger heat sink. Is there anything besides a cooling mat I can apply myself to help the heat?? I have not received it yet but it's on its way...

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Well its mostly gonna be on my desk propped up as best as I can, but I mean like some sorta paste stuff or idk really. I'm not very seasoned in that sorta upgrade.

It will already have thermal paste on the GPU/CPU heatsinks. Not sure what kind of "ugprade" to the paste they were trying to sell you...but you could do that yourself if you really wanted to later on down the road; $8 or so for a tube of good thermal paste will last a loooong time if you don't use it often.

Thanks, I was worried given that this laptop has the 4790k in it... That's somewhat new territory. I'll probably just get a cooling mat for it and itl be fine...

Back
Top Bottom