Good parts for a budget pc?

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Hey guys, finally building a gaming pc :lol:!
I chose my parts and here they are:

- CPU: AMD Athlon X4 740
- MOBO: MSI A78M-E35
- CASE: Fractal Design Core 1000
- PSU: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze
- RAM: Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance Low Profile 8GB x2
- SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB
- HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

What I want is a simple gaming computer that can play games @720p at around 30fps, nothing special.

Note: I already have a gpu, no point mentioning it :)

How budget is budget, because APUs are terrible. And am I reading that correctly, you're getting 16GB of RAM? Pretty pointless on this rig, or for any gaming rig. I'd reassess your build.
What GPU do you have?

Im not getting 16gb, by 2x i meant 2 sticks, so 8gb.
My gpu is a dedicated nvidia quadro fx 3700, I'm not planning to have it for a long time, just for the time being, was gonna keep it if it wasn't going to bottleneck the computer :mad:. My budget is around £300 (475 USD).

Last edited:
Ooooo old card is old man. That's like an 8800GT. Idk, I'd save up like 100 more or so and find a GTX 750 or 750ti if you can. That APU is already weak but the 3700 is a hold back. You could try it and see if it works then get something later.

Yea ik, that card is proper old. I'll stay with the 3700 and then get a gtx 750. Is it worth overclocking the 3700 btw while I'm using it?

I think mine is the single slot :(. Definitely gonna overclock the CPU though.
If that cpu is packaged in a white box and I think it is, then that is a locked cpu.
Also, it doesn't look like it has a GPU on that chip, so I'm not sure where the APU part comes in at
tD7lLcD.jpg

AMD Athlon X4 740 - AD740XOKA44HJ / AD740XOKHJBOX
Go with one of the FX chips, like a 6300 or better and like PP stated, a 750ti video card should get you where you want to be for an economy game box

Last edited:
It's still an APU with the IGP disabled to represent a cheaper chip. Just like disabling SMX units on cards to sell cheaper lower speced cards.

Instead of an FX6300, if he's going to be buying decent cooling to OC the Athlon then that extra cash could go to an Intel chip easily. An i3 isn't that much, like 20 more than the Athlon. Also good catch on the no OC.

Back
Top Bottom